Automating Date Changes For Cloned Program Elements

Anonymous
Not applicable

Automating Date Changes For Cloned Program Elements

I am creating master templates for all types of programs (webcast, event, etc.).

For Webcasts, I generally set reminders to go out the day before the webcast, as well as the morning of the webcast at specific times. I have created reminder emails that can be easily cloned as part of the program. I am wondering if the smart campains that I use to deploy the email can automatically be set to run the day before the webcast date (which I set in program details), or if I need to manually select the date every time I create a new program.

Any suggetions would be appreciated!

Steve

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: Automating Date Changes For Cloned Program Elements

Hi Stephen,

There isn't currently a way to automatically schedule campaigns like this.  I can see how it would be convenient, but it could also cause some problems that would not be good.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks John.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Stephen,

You can set a date token in your program and use this token in a smart campaign :

• Trigger : fills out form (your registration form)
  • Flow :
    • Wait until token
    • send reminder email

When you clone the program, you just have to change the token value and activate the smart campaign.

Now, the truth is that we prefer to plan the reminders in batch mode. It's better with regards to Marketo priority, as sending email after the end of a wait step is not a highest priority, while running the first step of a batch flow is. In case you instance is heavily loaded, using the trigger and wait may cause the H-1 reminder to arrive too late...

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the idea and insight Gregorie!

Steve