SOLVED

Auto response page question

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto response page question

I cloned a previous auto response page and then edited the page with new information.  Our process is to send an email and if the customer clicks to receive the content they go to a landing page.  After completing the landing page and hitting submit they get a thank you.  A second email is then sent with a link to the content. 

My problem is that when a customer completes the landing page with their contact information, the auto responding email is not pulling my new updated information.  It is pulling the email I cloned from.

I did select approve once content was updated, but I believe this has to do with directing Marketo to send the "correct" auto response and I cant seem to figure out how to point it to the correct one.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto response page question

In your smart list, check that the trigger points to the correct webpage. If it is "Filled Out Form" does it say which webpage the form fill out was on. In your flow steps, the next tab, be sure that the proper email is beind sent out. 

If you can't figure it out, please take screenshots of your smart list & flow step.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like you need to update the triggered Smart Campaign that tells Marketo which autoresponder to send.
Anonymous
Not applicable

that is what I was thinking, but can't figure out how to do that

Anonymous
Not applicable

In your smart list, check that the trigger points to the correct webpage. If it is "Filled Out Form" does it say which webpage the form fill out was on. In your flow steps, the next tab, be sure that the proper email is beind sent out. 

If you can't figure it out, please take screenshots of your smart list & flow step.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im starting on this page:
  0EM50000000QreN.jpg

Then if I follow the advice I would click on the smart list tab

0EM50000000QreS.jpg

Then click on flow

0EM50000000QreX.jpg

This works for the Outbound test email.  I have then checked the Opens Email, Clicks link in email,fills out form and they look right according to past blasts.  The only portion not working is the autoresponder being sent.  When I run the test I get the email, I click the links and they all work.  The one link takes me to the landing page form.  I then click submit and get the thank you.  The only part now missing is the final email with a link to the content.  

Thank you!
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are the flow steps for the Fills Out Form Smart Campaign?  I would think the sending of the autoresponder would be located in there.
Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks correct, but still not sending the email assigned.

0EM50000000Qreh.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, that does look good.  So for the trigger you have Fills Out Form and then the form name of the form the lead needs to fill out?  And you have the Fills Out Form smart campaign activated when you are doing this testing?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The lightbulb is not yellow so it might be an issue with activating the campaign.  The first one is yellow for Outbound test, but I don't know how to activate the "fills out form" lightbulb.
Anonymous
Not applicable

got it!!  Thanks so much!