Re: Assistance with flow needed

Anonymous
Not applicable

Assistance with flow needed

We have a campaign coming up that will be triggered by status change in SFDC campaigns.  The status change steps in these flows are working but the email isn't sending.  The email is approved.  I even tried using a different email that has worked in the past in case I was missing missing something.  Any ideas why this wouldn't work?

0EM50000000T32i.png

0EM50000000T32n.png
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Bruce_Jeffers
Level 4

A couple questions:
What triggers and filters do you have in the Smart Campaign area?
Is it possible that the recipients have already reached the daily or weekly message limit?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for responding...And I see that  I inserted the same pic twice.  There is only one trigger.  And I was testing so tried to trigger it with three different test accounts on three of email accounts.  They wouldn't be at limits.

0EM50000000T33l.png
Bruce_Jeffers
Level 4

Ok, I see. So just to make sure I understand your post again....Step 2 in the Flow is working (changing the Campaign status)....but Step 1 (sending the email) is not working? Is this right?

What does the Results tab of this Smart Campaign show? Does it say anything about that step being skipped, or any other message given when you double-click on the line item?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, thanks for pointing me back there.  Last night "soft bounce" did not appear even 45 minutes post send.  I should have checked back today.  All my emails--gmail, hotmail and yahoo soft bounced.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even the soft bounces don't show up in SFDC as email sent under Email in Marketo in the lead record.  I'm trying to troubleshoot this.  Would appreciate any assistance. I haven't seen this before.  If anyone can point me in the right direction for troubleshooting ideas I would really appreciate.
Bruce_Jeffers
Level 4

One workaround is to have Marketo create a SFDC Task for every email sent.

You can add 'Create a Task' as a Flow step. (maybe make the subject something like 'Was Sent Email')  This task will show up in the Lead's Activity History in SFDC, regardless of whether or not the email bounced.

(And it shows up as a completed task, so it won't be assigned to anyone if that's a concern)
Anonymous
Not applicable

My main concern is that this is a major campaign and I haven't been able to get one email into an inbox using the test scenarios.  It also seems to be running really slowly.  I ran another test trigger 40 minutes ago and I still don't see any activity in the results.  That seems incredibly slow.  I guess I should put a ticket in.

Thanks!