SOLVED

Are custom tags visible in SFDC?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are custom tags visible in SFDC?

In Marketo we track owners, regions and a couple of other program-specific details with custom tags, and we'd like to use this information in SFDC as well. Anyone know if this is possible?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Are custom tags visible in SFDC?

Hi Jace,

No they are not.

If things were to be done, the fields should be created in SFDC first and then mapped as program tags in Marketo. Then, one would be able to set them from Marketo and also read them as tokens.

Ideas have been created for these here :

-Greg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Abaran
Level 5

I am having the same question. We are looking to pass tags to SFDC so we sales can look at SFDC report that include the Marketo tags. So far, i have not seen anything that tells me it is possible.

Have you?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jace,

No they are not.

If things were to be done, the fields should be created in SFDC first and then mapped as program tags in Marketo. Then, one would be able to set them from Marketo and also read them as tokens.

Ideas have been created for these here :

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Greg,

Although tags aren't translatable to SFDC, are you able to pull tag data from the API?

We are trying to make connections between tags and programs. Since the programs in Mkto are named the same thing as the campaigns in SFDC, we would be able to connect to two together this way.

Thanks!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Danny,

Apparently, for now, the Get Folder API, that enables to get lists of programs, does not return Tags, although this should be confirmed by Product Management.

The upcoming release of Marketo will include a New Program API, that might provided the info, hopefully...

Cheryl Chavez​ or other PM probably have that info by now

-Greg