Anyone out there taken the Salesforce Administrator Certification exam?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone out there taken the Salesforce Administrator Certification exam?

Hi Marketo Community!

I am thinking of registering for the SFDC Admin Certification exam, but would like to talk to some fellow marketers who have taken and passed it.
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone out there taken the Salesforce Administrator Certification exam?

I'm sure that it has changed plenty since I took it (3yrs ago) but my advice would be don't take it lightly unless you are and SFDC admin taking advantage of pretty much every SFDC feature every day of the week you will need to put in a good bit of study.

There are usually some good linkdin groups.
I can email you some study aids if you want but they are from 2011 so won't cover any of the features realeased since then.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Cathal! I would appreciate anything you can share with me - my email is valvazquez.mktg@gmail.com

I am planning on taking their training course before scheduling the exam. Pricey, but it sounds like it is not only worth it but necessary!
Anonymous
Not applicable

The training course will definitely help you with the certification.  One word of caution though.  If you're not currently an admin on the SF side, then you might want to consider waiting until you have 6 months or so under your belt with administrating the site.  There is a lot of content they throw at you in the training and having some context to build off of is very useful.  You can still do it without that experience but a bit easier to digest and retain everything if you have that. 

A few google searches should pull up some sample tests and study guides for the certification.  I had found a few when I took the cert exam (about a year and a half ago) and I failed most of the test exams, but passed the real cert on the first attempt.  Don't be too psyched out about failing them. 

Cathal is right though.  You'll want to know as much as you can across the system.  The hardest part of the exam are questions about features you're not really using much. 

Best of luck!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Val, 
I have some documents as well I can share with you. I took Bluewolf's trainig course & it was fairly comprehensive, if you want info on that I'm happy to chat. 
There are also plenty of websites with practice questions, those are very helpful. 
Jen 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very tough and detailed. If you don't pay attention to the little details it will crush you.

I took it once and failed, and resolved to pass it the next time. I was turned on to this site: http://certifiedondemand.com. Best $20 you will spend. Spend 15-20 hours studying this and doing the exercises and you might just make it 🙂