anyone know how to do the set up for adding contacts to a queue

Trish_Voskovitc
Level 5

anyone know how to do the set up for adding contacts to a queue

i found out only way i can have leads created for people already in SFDC as Contacts is to create another campaign under all my programs that adds responders to SFDC queue.
support sent me an article that says why this is great but with no details on how to actually set up. i have looked all over and in university and nothing, nada, zip

can someone out there help me. i need to learn how and do some testing to see if this is really a valid solution.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: anyone know how to do the set up for adding contacts to a queue

Hi Trish,

You would need to run a Smart Campaign and use the "Sync Lead to SFDC" flow step. Setup the flow step and Click the "Assign to:" dropdown, then select the Lead Queue you want to assign to.

As you mentioned, this article explains the side effects of adding a Salesforce Contact to a Salesforce Lead Queue. However, it sounds like you want to create a new lead.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is great! We have been trying to figure out how to unfortunately create leads in our Marketo/Sales process. Clarifying question with this...when choosing the sync lead to salesforce, can we use the "use auto-assignment rules" since in our auto-assignment rules we assign leads to different queues? Or do we need to sync leads to the specific queue in order for the new lead (aka duplicate contact) to be created?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Julie,

Your question is on point.  We have been using the Auto-assignmnet option in the Assign to: dropdown and no duplicate lead record is created.  Only the Contact's Activity is updated.

Would be really helpful for Marketo to chime in on this......