any way to create opportunities via Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

any way to create opportunities via Marketo

Hi,

If an existing customer fills out a form on our website requesting one of our services, we would like to create an opportunity on that record. They are already a customer and are a high probability cross-sell. Is this possible?  I couldn't find a way to do it in the flow steps.

Any ideas?

Best,
-Jamie
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: any way to create opportunities via Marketo

Hey Jamie,

There may be a work around on the SFDC side, where you add them to a SFDC campaign and when that happens they have an opp created... but I am unfamiliar with that aspect of SFDC. From the Mkto side, there is no way to create an opportunity. In that Mkto deals with Leads (and Contacts), Mkto only has visibility into Accounts and Opps, but they cannot modify them.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

I posted a similar question of having the ability to automate the opportunity on the Marketo side, but I was told that you can't.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jamie,

We do this on our site from the SFDC side. There is some logic that looks for the email address in SFDC, then either converts or attaches if found. If not found, an Account/Contact/Opp is created and this info is synced back to MKTO.

You'll need an experienced APEX developer to help you with this project.

Not aware of any solutions to do this from MKTO.