Anonymous Website Activity Reports

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous Website Activity Reports

I was hoping to get some clarification around what I'm seeing in my Webpage Activity reports.

For the anonymous leads, in some cases Marketo can read the "Inferred Company" (which I assume is the ISP) whereas in other cases it's returning a corporate domain.

I'd like to know how each of these situations are produced and what's triggereing them.

I understand that a cookie'd lead becomes known once we have their email address, but I need to know where this information is actually coming from and being attributed to.

Thanks so muhc for your help!

-brs
4 REPLIES 4
Marketo_Marketo
Level 2

Re: Anonymous Website Activity Reports

Brandon,

Your assumption about inferred information coming from the IP address is correct.  An IP can indicate host country and possibly a company domain if the network is private and that company owns and publishes ownership of an IP address(s). 

It's the same information you would receive if you did a look-up on an IP address.

The cookie lets Munchkin know if they are returning visitors (along with other data if we have been given any).

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,
James
Anonymous
Not applicable

...what you will see is that SMB and mid-market anonymous visitors will have generic inferred data and your Enterprise anonymous traffic will have very accurate inferred data on city, state and company name...
Anonymous
Not applicable

...also, cookied leads can become know in a few simple ways...the one that I think the is the most confusion around is the easy one. Based on the type of Munchkin you are using annonymus records are associted with other records in the database when someone clicks a link in a marketo email set to them...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mark,

Will you please help understand when you say "Based on the type of Munchkin you are using annonymus records are associted with other records"?

Regards,
Kavita