Re: Anonymous Web Visitor Alerts

Sherry_Hale
Level 4

Anonymous Web Visitor Alerts

I'm trying to create alerts for our sales reps that will create a follow-up task when an anonymous user visits a webpage.  What do I need to enter in the flow to show the information that was captured from that anonymous user such as IP, etc. in the subject or description field? 

Right now I have entered what is on the attached screen shot for known leads but am not sure of the tokens to use for information contained in the anonymous lead such as Company name and IP address.
Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15
Sherry_Hale
Level 4

0EM50000000QVDo.jpg
Sherry_Hale
Level 4

So the alerts came in and they were blank.  😞  I'm thinking it has something to do with the token....I just don't know the token code to make it so that anonymous information shows in the alert.
Anonymous
Not applicable

How about Inferred Company?
Sherry_Hale
Level 4

How do you enter inferred information as the token within the description field?
Anonymous
Not applicable

{{lead.Inferred Company}}

I usually get to the tokens by opening an email, dragging the token icon into the email (looks like a chalkboard with squiggly lines), and typing the field I'm looking for.

I would also use the send alert flow step instead of the create task one if you're sending alerts for anonymous records.
Sherry_Hale
Level 4

Thank you Carol.  What is the difference between the alert and the task?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use Salesforce as my CRM, and creating a task will create a task in SFDC for my rep to followup on that individual. However, in order for the person to be in SFDC, they need a last name and company name. In the case that you're sending alerts for anonymous leads, the leads will probably not be in SFDC.

Sending an alert is just like sending an email, but typically you only send the alert to someone internally.
Sherry_Hale
Level 4

Hmmm so if I'm doing the random sample, how do I say "if anonymous send alert and if lead, create task?"  I also need to say if random sample is 25%
Sherry_Hale
Level 4

I think I just answered my own question - two separate programs, one for anonymous and one for known leads?