Anonymous leads always have seperate lead id

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous leads always have seperate lead id

Hi, I am new to Marketo,

I have a test server and have added the munchkin. I am seeing the anonymous leads appearing in my web activity report.

However I am confused, because despite teh fact that the cookie in my browser is being set and always stays the same, each bit of web activity I do is attached to a new Anonymous Lead. Surely it should be grouping all my web accesses under the same anonymous lead ID?

Thanks,

Dan
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anonymous leads always have seperate lead id

So to restate:

Starting from scratch with an uncookied browser, you're visiting a page with Munchkin and being assigned a Marketo cookie.
Without, clearing that cookie you're browsing and visiting multiple sites.
That browsing isn't being attributed to a single anonymous lead, but instead multiple anonymous leads are being created.

If that is what you're seeing that is definitely not expected.

It should be tracking that activity under a single anonymous lead. Now, it can be pretty hard to keep the leads straight so you might want to be sure you're looking at the data the right way and not mixing up the leads.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, that's right.

One point which may be relevant is that I first tried this from a website running on my local machine, port 8000. I then tried it on another server running on normal port 80. Both were ip-only hosts - no domain name.

I've tried different browsers, anonymous mode, etc. As I say, the cookie is assigned, and it is persistent on the browser, but a new anonymous Lead ID is created for each request. Each Lead ID has one bit of activity related - a single webpage access.

Any ideas?

Dan
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, might be worth getting a specific case and reaching out to support to troubleshoot.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately we are on a trial account at the moment so I can't create a case directly. I will try and get a case created via our sales rep, thanks.

Dan