Alternatives to Sales Insight / ToutApp for activities in SFDC

Grant_Booth
Level 10

Alternatives to Sales Insight / ToutApp for activities in SFDC

Hi everyone,

We're exploring alternatives to using Sales Insight for displaying activity data in Salesforce. Note I'm only talking about activity data, not the other functions of Sales Insight like sending sales emails or adding people to Marketo campaigns. That is, we're *just* concerned about populating email activity, web page visits, and form fillouts so our reps can see recent activity.
I'm aware of the activity sync in Admin > Salesforce, which creates completed tasks in SFDC, but can't really rely on it for email activity and page visits because it slows down the Marketo sync too much.

If someone knows of a feasible alternative for this, it would be much appreciated.
Or, if you have experience with some APEX code to pull and display the data using Marketo's REST API, that would also be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Grant

5 REPLIES 5
Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Re: Alternatives to Sales Insight / ToutApp for activities in SFDC

Hi Grant Booth​,

Slightly along those lines, I'm currently testing a custom scoring field to replicate the flames from MSI.  In Salesforce, you can replace a value field with an icon based on formulas.

What I am doing is creating custom score fields for certain products and then in Salesforce I can display the icons on the lead or list view depending on what score they have.  This will let sales see how engaged individuals are in specific products.

Not really answering your question but might be worth a look.

Thanks,

Gerard

ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Gerard Donnelly​ when you figure out the process this would be an awesome blog post! It sounds like cool functionality I'd like to recreate someday.

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Hi Christina Zuniga​,

If it works it will be awesome for our organisation. I'll hopefully have something up and running next week and then I'll write up a how-to post.

Chelsea_Kiko
Level 6 - Champion Alumni

Agreed! I'd love to see some alternatives as I can deliver other options to clients rather than just pushing the MSI idea. Great question!

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Interesting.  We too are trying to get creative due to how some of the default functionality is lacking in MSI.  For example, rather than use the "add to campaign" feature of MSI (which is really difficult when you have 23 country workspaces and just a laundry list of campaigns with no option to name them differently from the program name), we're going to create custom fields in CRM that we'll sync to Marketo.  We'll create trigger campaigns that will listen for when Sales selects any of these buttons, and add folks to the appropriate solution/campaign-specific Engagement Programs:

pastedImage_0.png