Aggregating Lead Contact Scores at the Account Level

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aggregating Lead Contact Scores at the Account Level

Hi All - 

I'd like to be able to score an Account, based on Contact score values.  Whether a simple sum, or an average, or some other derivation, it would be very helpful.  This is a salesforce.com environment.

Has anybody rtried, had luck, or just feels like speculating/pontificating on the matter?

Thanks,

Joe
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Aggregating Lead Contact Scores at the Account Level

This would fall outside the realm of special hidden fields and workflows. In my experience I've found that anytime I try to look at a number of records in aggregate I am going to need code in SalesForce. If anyone knows how to do this with standard workflows and special fields I would love to know too.

If you want/need to avoid that you will need to get very creative. One thought I had is that you might be able to trigger a number of uniquely identified activities on the account based on the contacts' score as it comes in and then use that to judge the account as a whole. It is a messy workaround but perhaps usable. I guess I would need to better understand your ultimate business case. Are you just hoping to have a report of top rated accounts that you can pull or is it something else.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Craig.   The reps each have a set of target accounts.  The earlier we are in, the better off we are. Individual contact scores can provide single data point looks at early stage activity, but patterns aren't easily discernable at that level.  I'm looking  for ways to give reps visiubility to any emerging patterns that would indicate the need for additional focus.

Thanks again.,

J
Anonymous
Not applicable

The lowest effort solution I can think of here would be a dashboard you can filter based on account owner that sums up contact record scores...
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can easily get at this info without needing Apex Triggers, by creating a Salesforce report.

- New Report - Accounts & Contacts
- group Contacts by Account Name
- Add a column for Lead Score
- Summarize the field -> Average
- Run Report

0EM50000000PrRa.jpg