Adwords managed account integration with Marketo

Tamir_Belzer
Level 3

Adwords managed account integration with Marketo

Hi, 

We are using a managed Adwords account and under it we have several different Adwords accounts. We integrated all the accounts with Marketo but it doesn't seem to send the conversions to Adwords. We built the revenue model and set up everything according to instructions. 

Does anyone have experience with connecting an Adwords Managed (parent) account with Marketo? Is there something we're missing? 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Adwords managed account integration with Marketo

Hi Tamir

I'm guessing you mean sending offline conversions to Adwords, using the Marketo revenue model? 

I tried this a few years ago and found out that the reason it wasn't working was that the Adwords conversions expected GMT timezones, while our Marketo instance was set up for EST timezones. That caused a weird incompatibility. At that stage we gave up! We are trying to integrate using other methods now. Maybe check out the Zapier Adwords integration for another option?

Tamir_Belzer
Level 3

Hi Phillip, thank you. 

I investigated Zapier but it seems that in order to use Zapier for that you would have to catch the GCLID in Marketo which we're not doing at the moment. We can do it but the question is if there's a way to make it happen without the GCLID. 

Phillip_Wild

Ah. Yep we're in the same spot then 🙂

I'm investigating the glcid option with Marketo forms now, I'll let you know how I go. The Marketo and Adwords integration would be good, but I don't think it would ever have the glcid, would it? Simply emails and conversions? Unless Marketo captures that data automatically on form fill?

Tamir_Belzer
Level 3

Hi Phillip, you are correct You would have to capture the GCLID from the URL or the cookie with Marketo forms. We were able to do that but in our case the CTA is replying to a chat bot and not a Marketo form so the GCLID will not help us unfortunately. 

Phillip_Wild

Something like this is the "save to cookie" bit....

https://zackphilipps.com/store-gclid-cookie-send-to-hubspot/

Then we just need to extract it for the Marketo form as a hidden field (or in your case, a chatbot).