Advanced Lead Scoring

Justin_Laberge1
Level 4

Re: Advanced Lead Scoring

Yeah I was told that they were kept enabled for us but I'd really like to figure out how to do it another way as I'd just really rather have something that will be supported into the future. Thanks for the initial idea Sanford, I'll take some time to learn about webhooks and API's in general before trying to tackle anything in Marketo.

Justin_Laberge1
Level 4

Re: Advanced Lead Scoring

Yes but you'll want to look at your lead funnels and identify what elements are ones you might be interested in tracking at a more specific level. The thing you're probably realizing is there's a lot of solutions to solve one problem.

What I would do right now is look at how your current lead scoring is working, determine which areas can be improved in the short term, and then spend some time researching and getting trained up on lead scoring systems. Patching up an existing system (might not scale, might be inefficient) you didn't create might be more work than to just create a new set of tokens and build a new lead scoring system (which you can tweak for some time if you have the time to since it'll operate alongside the existing one). Also take in to consideration your lead stages when making changes to scores as it may result in increases or decreases in leads generated.