SOLVED

Adjusting Flow and Time of email send-out

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adjusting Flow and Time of email send-out

I have a client who wants an email to go out sooner than what I have scheduled it in the flow. The campaign started a couple days ago and they want this next email to go out sooner. If I reduce the wait time, will it automatically adjust? or do I need to do something different. Time is of the essence right now... Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: Adjusting Flow and Time of email send-out

Hi Michael,

Adjusting the time in a wait step will not affect those leads already stamped by that wait step.  If you want the email to go out sooner you would need to create a new smart campaign with all of the flow steps after the wait step in your original campaign.  Then you can run the new campaign whenever you like.

If you do this, you'll want to remove all of the flow steps after the wait step in the original campaign, so that when leads do exit that step, there won't be anything left for them to do.  It will all be done by the new campaign.

This article I wrote has all the info on wait steps.

Wait Steps

John

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: Adjusting Flow and Time of email send-out

Hi Michael,

Adjusting the time in a wait step will not affect those leads already stamped by that wait step.  If you want the email to go out sooner you would need to create a new smart campaign with all of the flow steps after the wait step in your original campaign.  Then you can run the new campaign whenever you like.

If you do this, you'll want to remove all of the flow steps after the wait step in the original campaign, so that when leads do exit that step, there won't be anything left for them to do.  It will all be done by the new campaign.

This article I wrote has all the info on wait steps.

Wait Steps

John