Adjust campaign queue priority

Adam_Hodgden1
Level 2

Adjust campaign queue priority

I have a trigger campaign that's listening for "lead is created" but the campaign is not firing. I looked in the campaign queue and the priority level is low with 113 lead remaining. Is there a way to adjust the priority or is it based on the type of trigger that I'm using?

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Adjust campaign queue priority

Hi Adam,

Flow actions such as syncing to your CRM or sending an email take priority over other flow actions.  When we encounted this issue, we set up a "dummy" alert that would send an email alert to a company email address to store those alerts and improve the prioritization of those campaigns.
Adam_Hodgden1
Level 2

Thanks Val

Our smart list was, lead was created is Partner Referral then the flow was to send an alert and further process the referral. However, support recommended to use lead was created with no constraints, then in the flow - if lead source is partner referral, send alert. In both cases, the leads are not being picked up by the trigger.

Scott_McKeighe2
Level 5

Val, would you be kind enough to expand on that idea? We encounter huge latency problems in our instance, and the idea of 'dummy alerts' as a work around is intriguing.

In that use case are you just sending an alert as a first step?
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Scott,

Sure thing!  A while back we were finding that our trial campaigns were severly delayed and our leads were not receiving their credentials until hours later.  In addition to deactiving a few unnecessary campaigns, we also added the Send Alert flow step to the beginning of all of our our trial campaigns flows to "trick" Marketo into giving higher priority to those campaigns.  Since doing this, we haven't encountered that issue again.  

More info about Campaign Processing here.
Scott_McKeighe2
Level 5

That's great, Val! I'm excited to give that one a try. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Valerie, an amazing tip!