Adding Marketo fields to Salesforce

John_Teixeira
Level 1

Adding Marketo fields to Salesforce

Hey all,

We created a bunch of Marketo only fields that we would now like to sync to Salesforce. Usually when we create fields we create them in Salesforce first and then they show up in Marketo, is there a way to do this in reverse? So my existing Marketo fields can be mapped to new Salesforce fields?

I remember when originally setting up the Salesforce implementation we do that in this step: Step 1 of 3: Add Marketo Fields to Salesforce (Enterprise/Unlimited) - Marketo Docs - Product Docs  but is this only for out of the box Marketo fields? Will it work from custom fields? Do I need to add mkto71_ in front of field names? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Adding Marketo fields to Salesforce

Hey John, the only way to do this is to reach out to Marketo support to have them map the fields. Sometimes data is lost in this process, so be sure to pull a copy of all of the values in the field before requesting all of this.

Another option would be to create a new field in SF, and do a change data value for that new field to the {{lead.previous field used in Marketo}} field. This method leaves you with one extra field in Marketo that you will need to hide, but avoids data losses and is something you can do pretty quickly without reaching out to Marketo.