SOLVED

Adding activity to Salesforce when I send email through Marketo

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding activity to Salesforce when I send email through Marketo

Is it possible to automatically add "email sent" to Salesforce's activity log for each of the campaign members that received the email?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adding activity to Salesforce when I send email through Marketo

Yep, in the admin adjust the settings for your Salesforce integration to ensure emails sent are being synched as activities. 

Note you can only synch one of each activity type per day...so if you send multiple emails they won't all be recorded. 

Another more bulletproof workaround is to add a "Create task" flow step to your email send campaign and create the task yourself. This gives you full control. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, in the admin adjust the settings for your Salesforce integration to ensure emails sent are being synched as activities. 

Note you can only synch one of each activity type per day...so if you send multiple emails they won't all be recorded. 

Another more bulletproof workaround is to add a "Create task" flow step to your email send campaign and create the task yourself. This gives you full control. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Justin, I added the sync option, but it ended up adding more information than we needed (it applied to accounts too, not only contacts).

So, I'm trying to follow your second option ("Create task" flow step) but I don't see what task would add the activity to each contact.  Would you help me figure it out?

Thanks again! Evelyn