SOLVED

Adding a lead to a Customer Engagement Program via Sales Insight?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding a lead to a Customer Engagement Program via Sales Insight?

I am not seeing a way to make my new Customer Engagement Program available for my salespeople to add a lead via Sales Insight (SFDC Integration).  

Am I missing something?  Any known workarounds?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adding a lead to a Customer Engagement Program via Sales Insight?

Well, there is a filter that shows who is in an Engagement Program, but I think that doesn't matter here. Now I'm not quite sure I follow what you want to do.

I was thinking something like this:
  • In Sales Insight, in the "Add to Marketo Campaign" dropdown, you wanted something like "Add to Engagement Program A"
  • When that happens, we trigger a Smart Campaign that adds them as a new lead to Engagement Program A

Is that right?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use the "Campaign is Requested" trigger, and the flow can add them to the Engagement Program. 

This article should help: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KytxCAC
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm.  The problem that I'm having is that there is no Smart List for Customer Engagement Programs.  

I have setup a basic nurture track containing one Stream comprised of Emails, not Programs.  

Should I add a Program to the front of the Stream and add the Campaign is Requested trigger in the associated Smart List?Would I then need to use the Add to Engagement Program flow step to subscribe them to the rest of the Customer Engagement Program?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, there is a filter that shows who is in an Engagement Program, but I think that doesn't matter here. Now I'm not quite sure I follow what you want to do.

I was thinking something like this:
  • In Sales Insight, in the "Add to Marketo Campaign" dropdown, you wanted something like "Add to Engagement Program A"
  • When that happens, we trigger a Smart Campaign that adds them as a new lead to Engagement Program A

Is that right?
Anonymous
Not applicable

You've got it!  And you may have answered my question.  

If I understand you correctly you're suggesting the following:
  1. Setup a Program called "Add to Engagement Program A" for the sole purpose of manually adding leads to nurture from Sales Insight's "Add to Marketo Campaign" dropdown.
  2. Add a Smart Campaign within the program called "Add to [Stream]"
  3. In the Smart List of that campaign include "Campaign is Requested" trigger
  4. In the Flow section include the step "Add to Engagement Program" and specify [Stream]
I'll try this approach.  Thanks for your help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great! I was hoping that made sense.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it best practice to always create a Campaign with the Smart List inside the Engagement Program in order to dictate who enters the stream? 

I am trying to create an email nurturing stream just for those in a subset of my lead database that are in a certain industry and geographical region. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tanya, 

Yes, that should be a good way to do it.