Add two Scores in Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Add two Scores in Marketo

I want to add two scores ( demographic and Behavior) to new field created in Marketo called , "Sales ready score". The two scores are scored independently. The "Sales ready score" I created having field type "formula", but it does not work therefore, I switched backed to "score",

Any suggestions?
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Add two Scores in Marketo

I set up something similar - I have 2 score fields in Marketo:

- Behavior Score
- Demographic Score

As a score field, each of these is a number.

Then, I have 2 more fields - both of which are string fields:
- Behavior Score - Normalized
(This is normalized to one of 4 values - 1,2,3,4)
- Demographic Score - Normalized
(This is normalized to one of 4 values - A,B,C,D)

I have a campaign for each of these to fill in normalized scores based on a range:
-Behavior Score:
If behavior score is 1-20, set normalized to 4
If behavior score is 21-40, set normalized to 3
If behavior score is 41-60, set normalized to 2
If behavior score is 61+, set normalized to 1
-Demographic Score:
If demographic score is 1-20, set normalized to D
If demographicscore is 21-40, set normalized to C
If demographicscore is 41-60, set normalized to B
If demographicscore is 61+, set normalized to A

Then, I wrote 4 programs to fill in a new string value - Total Score:
Smart list - if Data Value (Behavior Score - Normalized changes) and new value is 1
Flow - if Demographic Score - Normalized is A, set total score to 1A. If Demographic Score - Normalized is B, set total score to 1B

And so on - 4 programs, one for each Behavior Score - Normalized. 4 flow options in each campaign to set Total Score.

Thus, there are 16 score values in a matrix. MQL is Total Score = 1A-3C (i.e., 4s and Ds don't get to sales).
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that you can use tokens to add the two scores together to make the third field - but it would require a trigger campaign to always look for changes to the original two fields and the timing might be tricky.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo cannot do arithmetic or string functions other than to append values using tokens.  If you are synching these fields to a CRM, you can create a workflow rule that will add them together and put the sum in a separate field that will by synched back to Marketo.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree Elliott - I didn't read the question close enough - without the CRM doing the formula, then no this won't work.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah but it can if you perform it via a webhook.  There are several online calculators that can do this type of thing

here'sone
http://www.html2xml.nl/Services/Calculator/Version1/Calculator.asmx?op=Add

1. you would construct the initial GET request
http://www.html2xml.nl/Services/Calculator/Version1/Calculator.asmx/Add?a={{lead.score1:default=0}}&b={{lead.score2:default=0}}

2. setup the parsing to go into the field result
<int xmlns="http://tempuri.org/">3</int>

i.e. make the parse look for the "int"

Hope this helps
Eric
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did something similar with a Lead Scoring program, but instead of several programs, but created an additional score fields in our CRM software and then leveraged tokens as such:

I used the out of the box score fields in marketo, then ran two different programs for behavioral and demographic using choices.
(ie. if behavioral score is between 100 to 75, then 1, if between 74 and 50 then 2, etc etc)
(if demo score is between 100 and 75 then A, if between 74 and 50 then B...)

then ran a campaign that runs every day that will re-combine the values with tokens

i.e. If: combined score is not empty, then change data value {{behavioral score CRM}} {{demographic score CRM}}

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Eric - another cool Webhook tip from you today!  Are there any online string manipulation services out there than can be leveraged (e.g. converting all caps to initial cap, normalizing phone numbers, etc.)?  You should totally write a Webhooks tips article for the Community :0)
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have implemented a webhook service which will format phone numbers and provide geolocation (US/Canada only).  Send me a note if interested in trying this out as a beta - rrajamani@marketo.com
Anonymous
Not applicable

And it works well I might add :0)  It normalizes the phone number, almost always retrieves the appropriate state and retreives the city when its available.

Raj, are you going to make the addition function available via Webhook as well?