Have some questions regarding Ad Bridge as follows:
- When creating custom audiences in MKTO to target on LinkedIn/Facebook via Ad Bridge. My understanding is that it's matching the users based on email address. My database however has users company email s and most people use their personal email to create their LI/FB accounts. So it won't be able to successfully target people will it?
- It sounds like you cannot create a custom audience for re-targeting users on Google Ad Words via Ad Bridge. You can only pass conversion info from MKTO to Google Ad Words via Ad Bridge. However in this webinar (link below) - time stamp 23 min to 26 min shows successful case studies of using MKTO custom audiences for re-targeting on Google Adwords. And timestamp 32 min to 34 min shows how you can select an audience and select Google as a channel (I attached a screenshot below from the webinar as well).
Am I missing something?
Correct, you cannot creat a custom audience for AdWords. If you have business emails and people use their personal emails in Facebook there won't be a match in that case.
That example in the screenshot is using Marketo's Web Personalization/RTP product.
When I use AdBridge for facebook I only send over emails with domains like yahoo and gmail. I'm B2B as well but have a healthy part of the database where people enter personal information. Maybe you could try something similar?
1. Yes, Facebook will do the match based on email addresses. You are right by saying that normally people use personal accounts to login on FB.
2. AdBridge doesn't work for LinkedIn anymore. LinkedIn is making some changes to their advertising model so they pulled out from the partnership with Marketo.
3. You can do retargeting on Adwords but that is not an Adbridge functionality. This is an RTP -Web Personalization function - I suggest you speak to your account manager so he/she could explain you how to have access to this particular function of the product.