Accurate First-Touch/Multi-Touch (FT/MT) Attribution Reporting on Existing Opportunities

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Accurate First-Touch/Multi-Touch (FT/MT) Attribution Reporting on Existing Opportunities

Got it.  So this idea is still very relevant:

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Accurate First-Touch/Multi-Touch (FT/MT) Attribution Reporting on Existing Opportunities

This idea would be welcome:

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Agreed

And you will have to go through a smart campaign for the moment, since you cannot use the flow step manually...

FYI, I just ran a test with a custom field named "Pgme Success Date" and the following flow:

pastedImage_2.png

But the results show no change to the success date of the lead in the program. This means that a token cannot be used that way

So we also need this idea:

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_

Uugh.  Thanks for testing Greg.  I was in the process of changing up our program templates to now include a token to be used just for this.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

I also changed the field type to datetime, to no avail.

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Here is the SC result log:

pastedImage_0.png

As you can see, not change success, and yet it is in the flow.

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_

Did you run this with the date hard-coded or just via token?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

I tried both. The hard coded date works fine in the past and in the future.

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_

Ideally, I was hoping to set this value using Munctions.  Basically take the "opportunity create date" (if it was created prior to success) and subtract 1 day to modify the success date.  Something tells me that's not going to work though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There should definitely be some more flexability in Marketo to solve this as noted above. Or even develop a seperate set of program progressions designed for lifecycle measurement.

My thinking keeps coming back to the bigger picture processes and philosophy...."If someone wasnt part of a past oppty, why should their new activity get credit for influencing a older deal?"

The reasoning is the new event had little to nothing to do with the success of that previous won deal. Of couse, if that person then renews after the event, it should count.

If you truely want to give credit, this could become more of a process issue of enforcing reps to add people to the opportunity earlier in the Sales process. This doesnt help w net new but it does help w existing people.

Above being said, maybe your measurement isnt influence in the traditional sense since the event didnt "influence" the past deal. Maybe it's a "money in the room" measurement or whatever you want to call it. Thats extremely valuable for events where your focus can be to get Oppty value to events as opposed to people. Sounds like a good ABM feature. A few third party event platforms are thinking in this area too.

On another note, I see you have Dynamics. Wanted to ask you a few questions on that at the Summit.See you next weekq