Account Based Marketing - Identifying Target Accounts in Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Account Based Marketing - Identifying Target Accounts in Marketo

I am new to Marketo and trying to figure out the best way to manage our target accounts in Marketo. We have a target market of about 1K + companies. If a lead comes in from one of our target companies, we want those to go directly to sales. What is the best way to automate a process to identify when a lead from a target company enters Marketo so that we can pass them to sales? 

Do we create a clean-up campaign in Marketo that identifies target accounts by looking at their email domain and then updating their record to indicate they are a target account? With 1K companies is that feasible? Is there a way to automate? 

any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated. 
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Account Based Marketing - Identifying Target Accounts in Marketo

Hi Erin! As you know I'm also a Marketo newbie but I think I have a fix. You want to create a new smart campaign and start with building your smart list > Fills Out form (enter all forms) > Inferred Company (select multiple choice and enter all the names of the company). Then in the flow section Send alert > select your alert email to the account / lead owner depending on how you're set up and to any additional email adresses. You can also flag the account with an interesting moment or change the data value like if you wanted to indicate that it is a named account in SFDC. From there you want to go to schedule and run it once and activate. Hope this helps!  

Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

Re: Account Based Marketing - Identifying Target Accounts in Marketo

Yes, you just create a Smart List with a filter "Email Address" contains, then paste in your email domains, each domain on its own line starting with @). You can simply paste 1000+ addresses in a single filter. Now you have a reusable "Target Account" Smart List. 

Jep