SOLVED

Re: Access "Edge" object with Velocity

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Access "Edge" object with Velocity

Is it possible to access so-called "edge" objects in velocity?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

We don't yet support the full use of multi-level custom objects in email scripting, so the blog post is accurate to my knowledge. My understanding is that we do intend to support it in the future.

Also the statement that we support any object in email scripting is a bit misleading. Your best bet for understanding what objects can be used in your instance is to go and create an email scripting token and look at the list on the right side of the screen. There are some that you can't use.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can access any Marketo object with Velocity.  But you cannot access 3rd party data sources.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Jamie for your reply.

I was following this tutorial.

Custom Objects in Marketo - Part 6 - Many to Many Custom Objects

Are you saying that I can't access the "Course" objects linked by "Enrollement" objects?

It's not really 3rd party data source. It's just standalone custom object which are linked by link custom objects.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We don't yet support the full use of multi-level custom objects in email scripting, so the blog post is accurate to my knowledge. My understanding is that we do intend to support it in the future.

Also the statement that we support any object in email scripting is a bit misleading. Your best bet for understanding what objects can be used in your instance is to go and create an email scripting token and look at the list on the right side of the screen. There are some that you can't use.

John_M
Marketo Employee

Kristen Carmean​ is correct.. multi level objects aren't supported in Velocity yet.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Thx Carmean!

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kristen,

Thank you for your response.

Do you have any timeline that when this will be implemented?

Cheers,

Hidenari