A/B Testing Within Engagement Program

Anonymous
Not applicable

A/B Testing Within Engagement Program

I want to do some A/B testing within my engagment program.  I'm wondering, if I put a program into the engagment stream and I create a smart list just for the program, how can I make sure that the leads in my program will no longer receive the other emails within the rest of the stream? 

I want to make sure that our test group does not receive the same email twice because once we test our email we will select the best email and put that into the stream.  I know that no one receives an email twice but since we are changing the email for the sake of testing, it will no longer be the same email. 

I have a smart list for the stream and then a seperate one within my testing program.

Can I do this by creating a trigger in the main list or will doing that overwrite my smartlist in my program?

Please help.

Thanks!
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A/B Testing Within Engagement Program

When you are building the inclusion into the engagement stream use a random sample to split your group.

This will split the users into the two different programs. When I do something like this I typically also update a custom field for easier reporting on the leads. 

Once you have your group split using the random function you can run any number of tests in your engagement programs. 

- Jeff
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have a feature called Champion/Challenger that will allow you to do a test inside engagement.  This is a better option than using random sample.  If a lead is sent an email inside the engagement program, they will not receive it again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

While I absolutely love the champion/challenger system in certain cases... I am not sold on the champion challenger model in an engagement stream because it does not allow you to test message frequency which in my opinion is a fundamental component of the program. Unless I am missing something? 

But Cheryl is absolutely spot on that Champion/Challenger works if you are just testing different messages/subject line/sender. I should of answered with the more simple solution! 🙂  
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am trying to set up the Champion/challenger test in my engagement stream and I am a bit confused.
Do I need to run the test before adding the email to the stream or can the test run once I activate the cadence of the stream?

Thanks,