SOLVED

A/B test result and Email Performance report don't match

Go to solution
KanakoTone
Level 5

A/B test result and Email Performance report don't match

Hi,

I ran the first Engagement Program today, and am very excited to see the result.

The first content is an email nested under the EP, and I set up A/B testing.

As I'm preparing the Email Performance report, I realized difference in # of open. (*Email Performance report is also nested under the EP. Smart List has a filter for members of this EP.)

This is what looks like on the dashboard on the local Email asset. The total number of open is 46.

Screen Shot 2016-01-14 at 2.06.06 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2016-01-14 at 2.06.09 PM.jpg

While,the Email Performance report shows that the number of open is only 18.

Why are they different, and which one should I rely on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KanakoTone
Level 5

Re: A/B test result and Email Performance report don't match

It seems like just a delay in Marketo. This morning, the numbers are matching correctly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Kanako, the email performance report likely isn't reporting on both the champion and challenger subject lines. I'd rely on the A/B test dashboard.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have two campaigns for sending each email in the test? If yes, then you can set up a "campaign email performance"...

I was also struggling with different numbers depending on reports until I started using this report, I find it most useful.

KanakoTone
Level 5

It seems like just a delay in Marketo. This morning, the numbers are matching correctly.