SOLVED

A/B Test Email Reports

Go to solution
HedyM2030
Level 1

A/B Test Email Reports

I would like to run a report to determine which emails we have sent this year and ran an A/B test. I am "auditing" what we have A/B tested so far in our emails and some of the results. 

Is there an easy way to pull a report showing what emails had any A/B test created? I can obviously shift through each individual program to see which emails had 2 or more emails within the program but we are a large firm with a ton of emails going out and that would take me a good long while to go through.

Note that we have tested for a million different things. We've tested for short vs. longer subject lines, date and time emails are sent, personalization using token such as Company_company name or Lead_first name, etc., and have run tests with  the subject line or email body content. 

I can export the entire email KPI report but that only show me which emails had the subject line test but that doesn't show all AB tested emails . I just want to export the data that will give me any email that was part of an AB test. Any ideas or solutions?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucasMachado
Level 2

Re: A/B Test Email Reports

I don't know an easy way to do this, but it is possible using the lead activities API. You can use the Get Leads Activities Endpoint filtering for the Send Email activity. You will get back a JSON file (probably a huge one) with a record of all sent e-mails to every lead.

Then you will have to query the "primaryAttributeValue" field for unique values, it will have the name of every e-mail that was sent. The e-mails that were A/B tests will have an ".Whole Emails Test"/".Subject Line Test" appended to their name.

It works, but it isn't easy, and probably not the best way to do this.

The endpoint reference: https://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/endpoint-reference/lead-database-endpoint-reference/#!/Activ...

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
LucasMachado
Level 2

Re: A/B Test Email Reports

I don't know an easy way to do this, but it is possible using the lead activities API. You can use the Get Leads Activities Endpoint filtering for the Send Email activity. You will get back a JSON file (probably a huge one) with a record of all sent e-mails to every lead.

Then you will have to query the "primaryAttributeValue" field for unique values, it will have the name of every e-mail that was sent. The e-mails that were A/B tests will have an ".Whole Emails Test"/".Subject Line Test" appended to their name.

It works, but it isn't easy, and probably not the best way to do this.

The endpoint reference: https://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/endpoint-reference/lead-database-endpoint-reference/#!/Activ...

Tags (1)