A/B email test not in an Email Program

Ouida_Linkous
Level 2

A/B email test not in an Email Program

I have started an A/B test from the email.  Right click, new test.  I have set up my test criteria.  Same email with two subject lines.  My question is, when I am setting up my smart campaign how do I correctly choose and execute the A/B test?  In my flow, for send email, I chose my A/B email test.  Will it automatically send to 5% of my population (my criteria) and stop?  Do I then declare my winner and will the camapaign automatically kick off again?  I can't find any documentation on how to execute, once you have the a/b test established. 
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A/B email test not in an Email Program

You can't combine the "A/B Test" functionality + dashboard with blast emails. A/B Testing requires either an Email Program or an Engagement Program. But setting up a test & putting that email into a flow step - send email - won't do anything. It'll just send the email and ignore the test. If you want to work this way, you'll need to manually conduct the test yourself, with Random Sample 50%. You won't get the cute dashboard of results though. Or atleast not real ones. It will still show you a dashboard, but the information won't be correct.