Re: ๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ [Mentor Clement Mak] ๐ŸŒŸ Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 ๐ŸŒŸ

Amarjit_Hayer
Level 2

Re: ๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ [Mentor Clement Mak] ๐ŸŒŸ Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 ๐ŸŒŸ

Hi @Clement

This statement from the notes:

With Head Start selected, the program will begin processing approximately 12 hours prior to the scheduled time. Once processing starts, the program is locked.

But if the scheduled send time is over 15 minutes away, can this still be unapproved, only aborted or neither can be done at this stage?

Amarjit
Clement
Level 4

Hey @Amarjit_Hayer 

Apologies, just realized that I missed your question!

Once the program is locked, you can only abort it to stop it from sending. 

aditik
Level 2

Hi Clement,
Can you please elaborate more about People Cadence in Engagement program, how it will be useful?

Amarjit_Hayer
Level 2

@Clement 

Can you help explain what this is saying:  every 2 weeks Wed and Fri | 9:00 am PDT  - let's base it on today, Thursday June 13

Steam 1 - contains email 1, email 2, and email 3

Is that going to send email 1 on Wednesday, June 19 at 9 am PDT, email 2 on Friday, June 20 at 9 am PDT and email 3 the following Wednesday, July 3 at 9 am PDT, as long as communication limits are not hit on those days?

Amarjit
Clement
Level 4

Hey @Amarjit_Hayer 

Great question - this is frequently asked (or even tested)! 

Email 1 will be sent on the day you have selected as โ€œfirst castโ€. 

Assuming you have selected Thursday, 13 June as โ€œfirst castโ€, the send dates will be as follows. 

Week 1:

• Email 1: Thursday, 13 June
  • Email 2: Friday, 14 June

Week 2: Skipped

Week 3:

• Email 3: Wednesday, 26 June
  • Email 4: Friday, 28 June

And so onโ€ฆ

As a best practice, I would recommend to set the โ€œfirst castโ€ to coincide with your stream cadence (i.e., on a Wednesday / Friday in this case). 

Clement
Level 4

Hi @aditik 

A Person Cadence can be either "normal" or "paused".

By default, when leads are added to the engagement program/stream, their Person Cadence will be set as "normal" and they will receive content from the engagement program. 

You can change certain leads' Person Cadence to "paused", if you want to stop them from receiving content from the engagement program (which can be done by setting up a smart campaign with a "change engagement program cadence" flow step). 

Reasons for pausing leads will vary based on your own business and use-cases. Personally, I have "paused" leads who are converted or cancelled - generally any leads who I do not wish to receive content from the engagement program. 

FYI - โ€œPausedโ€ leads will remain as members of the engagement program and can thus be changed back to โ€œnormalโ€, if you ever want them to resume receiving content from the engagement program.

Clement
Level 4

Hi @Amarjit_Hayer @aditik @rross1CY @khanson20 @KSBingham @EmanEspares 

Hope youโ€™re feeling more prepared for certification after these 3 weeks! 

Hereโ€™s the quiz on Section 3: Defining and Targeting Audiences

You are tasked to send an email campaign to contacts who visited your website and submitted an enquiry form in the last 30 days. Which of the following would be the most appropriate to use for this task?

A) Smart List
B) Static List
C) Import List
D) Segmentation

Please reply to this post with your answer by Wednesday, 19 June, and feel free to post any questions as well! 

Amarjit_Hayer
Level 2

From reviewing practice test questions, itโ€™s really important to understand what the question is actually asking, which I seem to struggle with โ˜น

My initial gut response is A. Smart list, because it can be set up to look for anyone who fills out the form in the last 30 days, being dynamic and ongoing.  A smart list could be created to look for a 30-day range that is dynamic, or could be set to a fixed pre-determined date range.

Submitted an inquiry could mean that itโ€™s a one-time email send for everyone who filled out the form in the last 30 days, in a set date range, so a list import could work for this, into a static list. 

Import list is usually from an external source that you are bringing into Marketo, which could or could not already be in your database.  I often use this when getting a list from an event partner showing who attended a particular show that we were participating in too, and most are already existing customers of ours.  A static list could be used in this case to ascertain who filled the form in the set date range, but would not be added to after that point.

Segmentation is used to โ€˜sort your dataโ€™ for sending emails out, but form fill is not a good way to sort data, it should be something more permanent/ongoing such as geographical area, language, industry, etc.

I am sticking with my initial answer of Smart list as itโ€™s the simplest to use.

Amarjit
aditik
Level 2

Answer is SMART LIST.
Smart list is used to dynamically segment and filter your database of leads based on specific criteria. It is particularly useful for creating targeted email campaigns based on recent activities. For sending an email campaign to contacts who visited your website and submitted an enquiry form in the last 30 days, the most appropriate option would be SMART LIST.

Clement
Level 4

Well done! @Amarjit_Hayer @aditik 

The correct answer is A) Smart List. 

In this case, you would define your target audience using a Smart List with filters and rules, such as โ€œHas visited webpageโ€ and โ€œFilled out formโ€.

Unlike a Smart List, you will only be able to add / remove people from a Static List through one of the following ways:

1. Smart Campaign flow step (Add to List, Remove from List)

2. Single action flow step

3. Dragging people into a list in the tree

4. List import

You can also do a List Import to a program directly and not just a Static List. However, this is a rather manual approach to targeting and I would recommend a List Import only when the leads / data that do not already exist in Marketo. 

Finally, a Segmentation is intended for grouping people into distinctive segments for reporting or dynamic content. For example, creating segments and displaying different content for different cities / industries. 

Hope this is clear! If you have any questions on this, feel free to post them here.