🗣️ [Mentor Alysha Khan] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

alysha_khan23
Level 4 - Champion

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Alysha Khan] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

lizmalinowski
Level 2

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Alysha Khan] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

@alysha_khan23 I am also a paranoid person so thank you for this 🙂

suneethadadi31
Level 3

Can I get some help on this ?

suneethadadi31_0-1716873885547.png

Thanks,

Suneetha

lizmalinowski
Level 2

@suneethadadi31 it looks like the way this is set up, that the person must meet the criteria for any of the selections, so as long as they did not fill out one of the forms, they would qualify.

alysha_khan23
Level 4 - Champion

@lizmalinowski is on the right track!

There are a few different things happening here so here is a quick Loom walking through all of them and some general best practices: https://www.loom.com/share/c5f018bdea3948e78ae97d59af4e9d38

suneethadadi31
Level 3

@lizmalinowski - Thank you for your help on this

@alysha_khan23 - Thank you!. The explanation helped me understand it well. I overlooked the any in the forms. And yes using NOT FILLED OUT  and is NOT is quite tricky and after watching your video it Totally made sense.

Cheers,

Suneetha

suneethadadi31
Level 3

@alysha_khan23 or anyone who can assist,

I'm uncertain if this question seems overly simplistic, but I'm curious about the distinction between a standard user and a Marketing user, as they appear to be defined similarly.

suneethadadi31_0-1717144238848.png

I came across the below thread with explanation but didn't seem accurate

https://nation.marketo.com/t5/product-discussions/difference-between-quot-marketing-user-quot-and-qu...

Thanks,

Suneetha

alysha_khan23
Level 4 - Champion

They are indeed the same 😂

I think Marketo intention's was to provide two user roles with identical permission that could then be further modified based on the needs.

So for example, you could evolve the Marketing role to be more focused on the Marketing Activities section and use that for your demand gen team that needs access to Marketo. And you could limit the Standard User so that your junior MOPs team members can work in Marketo but maybe not launch smart campaigns for instance.

Hope this helps!

DaveSilva
Level 2

Thanks Alysha, that makes sense!
Though, it would have been helpful for them to have specified that 😅

JeffHensiek
Level 4

It's a good question, and thank you, @alysha_khan23 for a video answer.  My colleague and I (who are both in the 2024 mentor program) were working through the steps too, and your video was helpful.

Jeff Hensiek
Marketing Automation Program Manager