🗣️ [Mentor Ajay Sarpal] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

prerna27
Level 1

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Ajay Sarpal] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Thanks for the question Ajay, it's an interesting one and I am looking forward to learning a bit from your solution. Below is my approach:

• We can create a Lead by Source report which shows the leads in the database categorized by person source
  • in the smart list use advanced filters we exclude any emails or campaigns sent in the past year using [not was sent email]  and add a filter for not opened email (add all emails from the last 12 months) and also not visited any company web pages in past 12 months (depending on how specific do we need it to be or if we would like to consider that lead as inactive).

Not/Inactivity filters are always confusing for me - please correct me if I am wrong.

AjayS
Level 4 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Ajay Sarpal] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hi, @prerna27  - Thank you for sharing the answer. Per the question, we would like to see the data in a single report. This is doable using the People performance report and by adding the custom columns. Here is the link: Add Custom Columns to a Person Report | Adobe Marketo Engage

Rahul_Devgan1
Level 1

Hi @AjayS 

Thank you for your answer.

It is immense pleasure to learn under your mentorship.

I have a confusion here. 

As per the data retention policy by Marketo we can track Email send and Email delivered for only 90 days.

Will this report give correct result of 365 days report of no email send.

Regards,

Rahul Devgan

AjayS

Hi @Rahul_Devgan1 

Thanks for following up and reaching out! You're absolutely right about the standard Marketo data retention policy for email activity being 90 days.

However, in this specific case, the report you're looking at leverages a custom field called "Last Email Received" which is date-stamped using a smart campaign. This custom field essentially bypasses the standard 90-day limitation and allows us to track email activity for a full year (365 days).

So, you've got a keen eye for detail – that's exactly what I was hoping to see! Feel free to ask any other questions you may have.

Best regards,

AjayS

AjayS

Hi, Everyone (@zwodden @pooja_s @linaili80 @jodinoland-ttd @blackipod @prerna27 @Rahul_Devgan1 @tawari @adri_andronescu )

Here is another question for you 🙂

The Marketo Admin for ABC International is experiencing a significant increase in undelivered emails. They've already verified implementation of SPF and DKIM records. While SPF and DKIM help authenticate the sender's domain, they might not be sufficient to identify a competitor spoofing ABC International's email address for phishing attempts.

What additional DNS record(s) can the Marketo Admin add to determine if a competitor is sending phishing emails impersonating ABC International?

Rahul_Devgan1
Level 1

Hi @AjayS ,

DMARC can be added as an additional records. I think it will be able to provide report of SPF and DKIM failure 

Regards,

Rahul Devgan

AjayS

Hi, @Rahul_Devgan1 

You're absolutely right, Rahul! While setting up the DMARC record, we can define a policy that dictates how email servers should handle messages that fail SPF and DKIM authentication. This policy can include reporting the issue to us, quarantining the message so it doesn't reach the inbox, or even completely blocking it.

Best regards,

Ajay

AjayS

@zwodden @pooja_s @linaili80 @jodinoland-ttd @blackipod @prerna27 @Rahul_Devgan1 @tawari @adri_andronescu 

Mastering the Marketo Engage Architect Master Exam: Tips for Success

Cracking the Marketo Engage Architect Master exam can propel your career and establish you as an industry leader. Here are some battle-tested tips to help you conquer the exam:

• Stay Calm and Focused: Take a few deep breaths before you begin. A clear and relaxed mind is essential for optimal performance.
  • Active Reading is Key: Don't skim the questions. Read each question carefully, twice if necessary, to grasp the exact intent.
  • Strategic Time Management: Allocate time for each question based on its difficulty. Don't get stuck – flag unsure answers for later review and move on.
  • Utilize Elimination: If you're unsure of the answer, identify and eliminate the clearly incorrect options. This increases your odds of guessing correctly among the remaining choices.
  • Flag for Review: Don't waste time dwelling on difficult questions. Flag them and return after tackling the rest. This ensures you attempt all questions within the time limit.
  • Leverage Your Strengths: Answer questions you feel confident about first. This builds momentum and frees up mental space for tackling more challenging questions later.
  • Embrace the Unknown: It's okay not to know everything. Answer each question to the best of your ability. Focus on demonstrating your critical thinking and problem-solving skills.

Bonus Tip: Familiarize yourself with the exam format and question styles beforehand. Practice exams can be a valuable resource for getting comfortable with the testing environment.

By following these tips and putting in the dedicated study effort, you'll be well on your way to achieving Marketo Engage Architect Master status!