Dear Marketo team, it is now possible to have Marketo programs being represented in Salesforce campaigns. This is great because now our Account Managers and Sales Directors see the status of invited contacts to events etc. Can we do this also for local campaigns and how can we do it? Do I only create a campaign in SF, click Event Actions - Salesforce Campaign Sync in Marketo, and that is it?
Yes sure we can do it for local campaigns! But we don't do it through "Event Actions - Salesforce Campaign Sync in Marketo" because this way Marketo also synchronize cold persons (which are not yet in SFDC) and we don't want to do it.
So here are the steps:
1. Create a new SFDC campaign with the same naming + statuses as your Marketo program
2. Choose if you want a synchronization Marketo >> SFDC and/or SFDC >> Marketo
(meaning if Sales team can add new person in the SFDC campaign and change their status, for example: if a sales person add a new person in the SFDC campaign with the "Invited" status, Marketo will automatically send an invitation email to this person)
3. Set-up the synchronization (only for lead & contacts in SFDC) inside each smart campaign
I can help you to do it in your program.
Hope this is clear.
Dear Chloé, I tried to do so for a program already running (after campaign activation)- how do you recommend to do this then? With separat campaigns handling "add to SF for invited", "add to SF for bounced", etc...with smart list: member of list invited/bounced/.., with flow: add to SF, status invited/bounced (like in the picture above). Correct? Thanks! (I tried it here: Login | Marketo, LHE.1706.DE.FU.FurnitureEventCEER)
To do it for programs already launched and finished, you can create one smart campaign to sync all program statuses at the same time:
- Smart list: member of program is LHE.1706.DE.FU.FurnitureEventCEER + SFDC type is Lead; Contact
- Flow: add to SFDC campaign > if program status is Invited - campaign is LHE.1706.DE.FU.FurnitureEventCEER / Status: Invited
> if program status is Bounced - campaign is LHE.1706.DE.FU.FurnitureEventCEER / Status: Bounced
> if program status is Registered - campaign is LHE.1706.DE.FU.FurnitureEventCEER / Status: Registered
- Schedule: Run once
To do it for programs already launched and still running, you can create one smart campaign for each program status (example for Invited status):
- Smart list: member of program is LHE.1706.DE.FU.FurnitureEventCEER - program status is Invited + SFDC type is Lead; Contact
- Flow: add to SFDC campaign > campaign is LHE.1706.DE.FU.FurnitureEventCEER / Status: Invited
- Schedule: Run through the campaign flow only once and schedule daily recurrence
Is this clear for you?