Hello Dear Marketo Community !!
Chloe and I started early this month to work on the marketing performance measurement project. Our objective is to be able to show the first drafts of dashboards and reports end of September. It is a bit long since we need to acquire another tool plugged to Marketo and SFDC to be able to anlyze all data (from leads to opportunities).
In parallel of our researches, we will ask you to regularly look at your data in Marketo and Salesforce/SFDC because if the data is not qualitative, the analysis won't be accurate.
As an example, the Lead source is an important data to look at, meaning how the lead has been captured.
In order to get the most qualitative data, you need to make sure that the forms in your Marketo programs are correctly setup in order to give the correct 'Lead source' for all new leads who will enter into Marketo.
But because we missed some setups early this year, we need now to clean or correct the lead sources (about 7.500 leads to address worldwide).
For that, I created a new useful smart list called "ADMIN_lead source uncorrect".
Could you please please look at the leads that are in your workspace and complete the 'lead source' with the value below?
- "Web lead" is not the official value. "Web contact" is the correct one.
- If you observe a Lead source = "upgrade campaign" (ex : DiaminoFashion V6R2), this means that there must be a duplicate in the database since this comes from 2015. So please merge the duplicates first in Salesforce or in Marketo (as you prefer).
P.S. Elaine, we will need to check that on Wednesday because I see missing lead sources for leads created in SFDC on January 6th.
on this topic I have to understand better some points:
- do I have to put the lead source for all the leads? Also for leads creted directly in SFDC (contacst) by account managers? and for leads imported in marketo from SFDC?...
- how manage leads conveted in contacts (In SFDC the source is lead conversion in marketo is missing)? do I have to see each lead and follow its history in order to put the right source? If you see the example of Mr Salini was converted by the account manager from a lead managed by Elena who fill the form on line..., in this case the source will be sales" or "web contact" it's a great job considering 447 leads without source!
- Education/schools: all of them are disqualified, are we interested on put the lead source?
thanks a lot
Yes, the lead source must be completed for all reasons (incl. leads created by account managers directly in SFDC).
I asked the IT team to develop some automatic when a sales create a lead (with a lead source ="sales"). Hopefully it will be ok for the end of the month. But for the leads created before, we need to complete the data.
Since you have a high volume in Italy, I suggest that we see that together later. I will for Shanghai tonight and will be bacl next week.
Thanks Marina, what about disqualified leads mainly from "education" do we have to check them as well?
The lead source for the schools contacts should be also updated/completed but this is not of course the priority.
I think is useful to add the filter active/inactive contact...from my side I cloned the list add it in the IT WS.
Good afternoon Marina,
looking to empty lead source, I found some leads that filled out the form after a gated content mail but Marketo doesn't insert lead source Gated Content.
Is not an automatic update of the lead source?
FYI Stella Zamprogno
I notice that inside the smart list there a lot of inactive contact both SFDC and Marketo, is is correct? I cannot add a filter in your smart list but seen that it seems to be a bad syncronization on this field (it happend to me several times not only in this case) could you please add it? or maybe could you please verify if it is normal?
thanks a lot !!
I modified the smart list in the Admin and add the filter "Active/inactive contact" is not "inactive", so you should have only the active contacts.
To have the lead source fill in automaticaly we must have a hidden field in the form, so in your case I think there is no hidden field to update the lead source. We have to review all the GC form to be sure that the lead source will be automatically fill in.
We will publish soon a short video to explain how to modify the "lead source" for several leads at the same time.
Have a nice evening!
Thanks Chloé! and thanks to a great team working our list is empty! fyi Marina MASSONET