TripActions is hiring a Head of Marketing Ops & Strategy!
Marketing Operations and Strategy
Marketing: Palo Alto & San Francisco, CA
At TripActions, our mission is to power the in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward. We believe that being there in-person is a very powerful thing, but unfortunately the process of showing up is fraught with an endless litany of inconveniences & pain: outdated booking tools that waste time, restrictive travel policies that get in the way, ineffective support after a missed connection, the emotional defeat when there are no rooms available after a redeye. Travelers and companies deserve a more human experience. Our team is building the best-in-class travel platform that takes the pain out of business travel so companies and travelers can show up and create growth.
TripActions is one of the fastest growing startups in the country with $51M in Series B funding, led by a team of second time founders. We’re injecting fresh thinking and long-overdue innovation into the $1.6BT business travel industry with a complete travel solution that delights travelers while also saving customers such as Box, Allbirds & Foursquare real money. Travelers enjoy a quick & fully personalized booking experience, access to a huge selection of flights and hotels, rewards for booking cost-effectively, and proactive, helpful support while on the road.
We’re modernizing and re-defining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future.
TripActions is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA and backed by Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
ABOUT THE ROLE
TripActions is looking for a Marketing Operations and Strategy leader to head up all of our marketing operations efforts, including automation, attribution, scoring, forecasting, budgeting, and analysis. You’ll make the entire Growth team more effective in their responsibilities, and partner with our VP of Growth to help shed light on the channels that are producing the strongest results for TripActions. In this role, your efforts will have an immediate, direct impact on the growth of TripActions.
The ideal candidate is a curious, data-driven growth marketer who has expertise in marketing operations and analysis. You have experience with Marketo and other technologies that help us automate and streamline our processes and reporting, and can create dashboards and analysis that produces insight into marketing performance. In doing so, you will drive alignment across the sales and marketing team.
- Marketing Tech: evaluation, implementation, and management of marketing technology systems that relate to automation, attribution, scoring, and other processes
- Data: sourcing alternative ways to acquire and enrich data to maintain a rich but clean marketable database as it pertains to our target audiences (buyer, influencer, evaluator) from a firmographic and demographic level
- Alignment: Ensure the right usage and training within the marketing team and across the org, help make sure demand gen campaigns are operationally sound to perform at the highest level, build dashboards that help the company understand marketing contribution
- Own the marketing # story: work with sales ops to own the marketing #s (leads, opportunities, budget, etc.) contributing to pipeline, forecast marketing's contribution based on demand gen programs/activities and what is needed to hit business goals, etc.
- Build experimentation framework, measurement, and reporting, partnering with other team members to ensure that tests are rigorous and well-structured.
- 5+ years B2B marketing operations experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Deep knowledge in tools such as Marketo and Salesforce
- As an expert in marketing operations, you understand big picture decisions and are able to roll up your sleeves to help execute on high priority initiatives.
- Data driven and analytical: You are hypothesis-driven and able to structure, implement, and evaluate experiments that drive results. You have experience in budgeting, forecasting, and conducting analysis to help allocate resources across multiple channels.
- Collaborative mindset. You thrive in cross-functional environments and understand how to partner with marketing and sales team members to gain alignment and drive results.
- Self-starter with a penchant for experimentation. You’re always looking for ways to do your job better and you never wait to be told what to do. When you see an opportunity, you jump on it.
- A positive attitude: You’re a team player and you’re resilient in the face of challenges. Most importantly, you’re fun and a pleasure to be around!
- Strong organizational skills with ability to effectively prioritize
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA or graduate degree preferred
- An undeniable passion for travel
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Food: Catered meals and drinks
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K
- Travel: $2000 personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Work/life balance: Take time off when you need it with an open vacation policy. Monthly recharge days ensure you’re at your best
- Location: Work from Palo Alto, the heart of Silicon Valley. Can work twice a week in our WeWork space in San Francisco