Email Marketing Manager - B2B & B2C
If you’re all about customer service and thrive on teams where communication, creativity and cooperation are encouraged, this may be the place for you. As we say at Hornblower, why work when you can cruise?
Are you a passionate email marketer looking for a rewarding role in our dynamic Corporate Marketing team headquartered in San Francisco? In this hands on role you will be responsible for managing strategy, operation, design, reporting and vendor relationships for Hornblower’s email marketing programs. The ideal candidate must be results driven, analytical, creative and able to quickly organize data to meet the company’s aggressive sales and marketing goals.
The Corporate Marketing Department is a tight and nimble team working in a fast-paced environment where workload and expectations are high and deadlines are tight.
Position specific responsibilities:
- Own and manage email marketing: Of all lifecycle email campaigns including acquisition, onboarding, retention, and win-back triggered marketing campaigns that deliver against business goals ensuring flawless execution. Manage the end-to-end email production process for deployments – setup, list development, QA, tracking, testing, delivery, analysis and reporting.
- Develop Email Content: Using email marketing best practices and working with creative team build email and other lead generation content.
- Track performance of email campaigns. Develop key marketing metrics to ensure campaigns are meeting goals. Demonstrated ease, facility, and interest in working with data to generate, analyze, and interpret data for email campaigns.
- Marketing Automation: Partner with the Marketing Operations Manager to manage lead generation campaign activities and optimize campaign performance through testing and segmentation.
- Database Marketing: Understand and develop segmentation strategies; use data resources to filter and target appropriate segments and set business rules.
- Setup and tracking for marketing programs in Marketo and Salesforce.com for email programs.
- Ensure email messages are properly constructed to adhere to industry best practices, and utilize responsive design to be accessible to everyone on both web and mobile.
- Stays abreast of current industry trends in email technologies and champion best practices.
- Optimize emails for deliverability, open rates, conversion rates, mobile rendering, etc.
- Proactively identify opportunities for email marketing enhancements that are consistent with marketing strategy and brand standards.
- Build and maintain the email marketing calendar with Director of Marketing and Field Marketers. Work toward customization of email content, as well as, personalization based on data.
- 3-5 years experience creating and launching email campaigns using a leading ESP, such as, Marketo or similar platform.
- Working knowledge of salesforce.com
- Experience creating and sending large-scale email campaigns.
- Familiarity with CRM or some other form or database management.
- Experience with A/B testing.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS
- Web reporting and analytics experience required in Google Analytics. Understanding of email marketing principles and best practices to ensure email messages are properly constructed to meet industry standards such as CAN-SPAM legislation.