Forbes - Audience Development Associate, Brand Marketing
Forbes Media, LLC. is currently looking to add an Audience Development Associate to their growing Brand Marketing team.
This is an exciting opportunity for a data and audience development/ acquisition wizard to join our growing, dynamic team, driving demand for the world’s #1 business news brand.
You will strategically support the achievement of marketing and overall business goals, especially in driving qualified sales opportunities.
Forbes is entering a new phase of marketing automation, which will drive lead generation across Forbes business groups. You will own the database management and segmentation responsibility, helping to lead score, segment and define criteria for targets for marketing programs, with particular responsibility for marketing automation, to grow and optimize our lead acquisition funnel, nurture top accounts and leverage loyalty.
Database Management & Segmentation
- Responsibility for successful maintenance & development of Marketo & SFDC integration with a specific focus on B2B, ensure field + objects are mapped correctly for syncing
- Data append, entry, cleanse, capture & upload
- Collaborate with marketing & sales to understand when a lead is sales ‘ready’ based on scoring demographic & behavioral factors
- Collaborate with marketing & sales on campaign targeting and segmentation requirements, by industry, region, product, role, etc and other more complex criteria as needed
- Collaboration with marketing automation team & tech team –ensuring that the Marketo & SFDC sync is streamlined & operational at all times
- Help to manage administration functions of the platform, such as tags & channel data, roles & user permissions
- Collaboration with teams and responsibility for maintaining a single, multi-departmental database of record in Marketo
- Grow & optimize Forbes lead acquisition funnel
- Identify persona gaps in existing and migrated databases, based on alignment with marketing plan and coordination with stakeholders
- Work across business groups to define opportunities for audience growth & data acquisition, working with vendors, social channels and potential list purchases
- Regularly track and measure no of new contacts in existing accounts, no of new accounts/contacts and associated actions with automation team
- Reporting to key stakeholders
- Extract and analyze meaningful data to drive future actions and feedback to sales
- Initiate and help drive user experience/journey across all interactions
Your Skills & Experience
- 1+ years in database management, managing SDFC and Marketing automation in a B2B environment (Marketo ideal, or similar tools like Exact Target or Eloqua) and CRMs (Salesforce.com)
- Experience with – and a passion for! – database management & audience development
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to use data from multiple sources to gain insights and help drive decisions
- A track record of working with marketing and sales teams to manage data for the development and execution of outbound campaigns
- Entrepreneurial "test & learn" mindset with a natural curiosity to iterate get the best results possible
- High attention to detail
Forbes Media is a global media, branding and technology company. We are a forward thinking, nimble and decisive organization that encourages our employees to take ownership of their own careers. At Forbes, no idea is too big or too small. We are honest, transparent and of course we know how to have a good time! We are always looking for smart, collaborative game-changers to join our team.
Forbes Media, publisher of Forbes, Forbes Asia and ForbesLife magazines and Forbes.com, is an authoritative source of news and information on business, investing, technology, entrepreneurship, leadership and affluent lifestyles. The company has built a diversified portfolio of assets as part of its ongoing transformation into a global media, branding and technology company. The Forbes brand today reaches approximately 75 million people worldwide with its business message through Forbes and ForbesLife magazines and its 37 licensed local editions around the world, Forbes.com, TV, conferences, research, social and mobile each month.