Marketing Operations Manager @ Mapbox (San Francisco)
The Marketing Operations team is growing at Mapbox! I'm looking for someone to join the team to support our ridiculous growth. If you or anyone you know is familiar with Marketo and Salesforce, and looking for an amazing opportunity at a genuine unicorn, hit me up.
Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
About the Role
Mapbox is seeking a Marketing Operations Manager to support the Marketing, Sales and Engineering Teams in campaign planning, execution and measurement. As the Marketing Operations Manager you will be responsible for enforcing campaign standardization through the Mapbox’s Marketing Automation (Marketo) and CRM (Salesforce) Systems. You will manage the complete campaign lifecycle through planning, execution and reporting on the outcomes of these programs, and be comfortable in presenting results and process efficiency improvements back to campaign owners. This role reports into the Director of Marketing Operations who will set the Marketing Operations Roadmap, and you will support in delivering roadmap items where possible.
What You'll Do
- Own day to day Marketing Operations requirements to support the Marketing, Sales and Engineering teams in promoting Mapbox’s offerings to prospects and existing customers.
- Executing email marketing programs for both adhoc sends and ongoing nurture emails.
- Build appropriate Marketo programs to support demand generation activity to enable the campaigns to operate, and to ensure correct data points such as acquisition and program statuses are assigned for attribution purposes
- Monitor and maintain data quality within the marketing database.
- Support data preparation/upload/de-duplication for campaigns and lists as required
- Report program and email nurture effectiveness
- Support in developing and maximizing the use of existing sales and marketing technology
- Maintain Marketo release knowledge in order to maximize technology investments and create best-in-class marketing technology platform
- Support the Director of Marketing Operations in the development and execution of the Marketing Operations Roadmap
What We Believe Are Important Traits For This Role
- 2+ years of Marketing Operations experience, preferably in a high growth B2B environment
- Working experience with Salesforce and Marketo
- Understanding of Audience Selection, Database Management and Segmentation
- Working experience in building out multi streamed Engagement/Nurture Programs
- Understanding of Global email regulations (GDPR, CANSPAM etc)
- Working experience of using Marketo A/B testing functionality and email segmentation.
- Understanding of lead scoring models
- A bias towards action and "getting things done" to a high standard of quality
- Ability to collaborate effectively across internal and external teams to drive results
- A proven analytical and process driven mindset
- Marketo Certified Expert (MCE) Accreditation is highly desirable
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity