Marketing Automation Specialist - 451 Research - Boston, MA
451 Research is looking for a hands-on, business-minded individual with a strong technical grounding in the capabilities and functionality of the Marketo platforms.
This position is responsible for marketing operations systems administration, including primary ownership of the Marketo marketing automation platform. This individual will act as both the administrator and primary power user of Marketo, setting up and executing programs in Marketo to support our global inbound and outbound demand-generation activities and their integration with our lead management processes and systems.
As a key member of the team, this individual will have a hands-on role in the administrative implementation of the platform while helping build and then support the execution of our digital demand-generation programs using Marketo. This will include continuously monitoring and measuring, providing analysis, and optimizing program performance.
The successful candidate will collaborate with internal teams to gather requirements and translate business strategy/objectives into technical execution. Ideal candidates should have the desire to work with a marketing automation tool, specifically Marketo, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Own the Marketo environment and serve as the primary Marketo Administrator.
- Act as main point of contact for all internal Marketo inquiries.
- Control the development, implementation and ongoing management of Marketo processes.
- Implement modifications to Marketo setup as changes to business requirements occur.
- Build and execute components in Marketo – including, but not limited to, outbound campaign flow, emails, forms, etc.
- Update campaign flows for continued optimization and/or changing business requirements.
- Work with various business teams to understand processes and optimize system configuration.
- Stay current with Marketo functionalities and leverage the best new features.
- Ensure accurate synchronization between Marketo and Salesforce to maintain data integrity of both systems.
- Maintain lead-generation operations and our marketing campaign naming and hierarchy to ensure we are able to report accurately on performance.
- Assist in ongoing training and communications to internal stakeholders on marketing automation best practices and usage tips.
- Provide insights and recommendations for addressing data issues.
- Assist the Salesforce administration team with the general management of Salesforce
- 3+ years of experience using Marketo as an admin.
- Strong proficiency with Marketo marketing automation and Salesforce, with specific skills in list targeting,
designing programs and trigger campaigns, and lead scoring, nurturing and reporting.
- Comfortable with HTML emails and landing-page layout in Marketo.
- Ability to understand workflow processes and systems within a marketing/sales cycle.
- Strong attention to detail and high quality of data is critical.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to discuss technical matters with a non-technical audience in an effective way.
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Bachelor's Degree.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Marketo Certification.
- Solid understanding of sales and marketing analytics, including reporting on pipeline health, forecasting,
campaign effectiveness and data-quality metrics.
- Experience administering systems in a multi-tenant environment.
- Experience with Marketo LaunchPoint partners.
Please send resume along with salary requirements with “Marketing Automation Specialist- [Your Name]” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.