In Dynamic Chat can you autofill or bypass an email request if already known?

trevlarrr
Level 4

In Dynamic Chat can you autofill or bypass an email request if already known?

I've created a Dialogue with multiple branches and if they request a product brochure then it asks if they'd like it emailed too and then captures their email address if they say yes. At the end of the branch it asks if there's anything else we can help with and if they say yes it returns to the initial options but if they go down another branch it then asks for their email again which seems like a bad journey if they've already given those details.

Is there a way to auto-populate the email address if they've given it in that chat or bypass it/autofill that in the background and jump to the next step?

2 REPLIES 2
jsiebert
Level 5

Re: In Dynamic Chat can you autofill or bypass an email request if already known?

@trevlarrr I'm not sure if this option will work for the same dialogue, but the info capture box offers this option:

jsiebert_0-1718807496709.png

I know that this works when you update your address and they go into a different dialogue, but like I said I'm unsure about the same. If this doesn't work, I'd consider re-organizing your dialogue to ask for e-mail address and THEN other product brochures. Or you could create an entirely separate branching path for people that say 'yes' to another product brochure that is the same, but doesn't ask for e-mail address. 

Hope this offers some direction.

Jack Siebert
trevlarrr
Level 4

Re: In Dynamic Chat can you autofill or bypass an email request if already known?

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the reply, I wasn't sure if that just meant it would skip the request or skip adding it to their Marketo record if there was already an email there. For now I've gone for the reorganise option but I'll test that and see how it works too.

Thanks

Trevor