How I set up a report for AdRoll Attribution Tracking

Anonymous
Not applicable

How I set up a report for AdRoll Attribution Tracking

I was at the 2017 Marketo Summit a couple weeks ago and at the AdRoll booth, was shown a screenshot of a Marketo report that had a list of emails, and how many ads they were served, clicked on, converted, and cost.  WOW!  Unfortunately the person at the booth didn't know how to set it up, as it was just a screenshot, and I filed a Helpdesk ticket with both Marketo and AdRoll, but neither could create the report I saw at the booth.

I'm happy to say I figured it out, so thought I'd share my learnings....

Here's the final report you will get:

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 3.20.41 PM.png

You can also create a 2nd report that shows AdRoll activity by Revenue Stage, Great for ROI.

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 4.09.21 PM.png

Step 1: Set up your Marketo/AdRoll integration.  This is clearly explained here.

Step 2: Make sure in AdRoll, in the Connected Audiences tab, that "Share Adroll Data with Marketo" is selected, and also the "Share Marketo lists with Adroll."

Step 3: You should now have the AdRoll custom field set up. To confirm, look in Marketo's Admin area, in the Database Management area, in the Marketo Custom Activities, and you should see this:

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 3.50.10 PM.png

Step 4: Now create a Program in Marketing Activities, and call it something like: AdRoll Attribution

Step 5: Create a campaign that will add people to the campaign, and set up the Trigger to look like this:

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 3.55.33 PM.png

Step 6: Have a flow step that simply changes their Program Status for this new AdRoll program you created, so that the person is a member of the campaign. Any status will do.

Step 7: Create your SmartLists: In the Database area of Marketo, create a smartlist for every AdRoll attribute, like this:

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 3.58.51 PM.png

Do the same for the other attributes (using the 'Add Constraint'). You should have 6 smartlists now.

Step 8: Create the report back in your AdRoll program.  Create 2 new reports. One is a "People Performance" report, and the other is a "Group by Revenue Stage" report.

Setting up the reports:

-In both reports, you need to have the SmartList filter on 'Member of Program = your Adroll program.'

-Setup tab:

Person Created: All Time.

Group people by: Email Address.

Opportunity Columns Shown: (optional). 

Drag Custom Columns onto the setup, and start typing in your AdRoll SmartLists we set up earlier. Add all of them in.

-Once you've done this, you can easily drag your columns into the order you want in the report, and you can remove columns by clicking on a column title, and then going to the columns dropdown, and checking the columns you want.

Voila! Hope that works for you!  Let me know if you've done other stuff with this or with LinkedIn attribution reporting.