SOLVED

Re: Engagement program -- leads being added will receive duplicate emails?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Engagement program -- leads being added will receive duplicate emails?

Hello,

I created my engagement program and leads have run through the first email already.  

I would like to add another group of leads to this engagment program now, but I sent them the same email as Email #1 in the engagment program through a smart campaign.

If those two emails have different names will the engagment program send the newly added leads Email #1 again? Or will it know based on some other logic that they have received that email already and just send Email #1 when the next cast is run?

Thank you,
Desiree
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hello Desiree,

If the email you sent to the leads through a smart campaign was cloned from the email that you have in your engagement program, the leads will receive the email again if you add them to the engagement program.  If you used the same email in your engagement program in the smart campaign and did not clone it,  those leads will not receive it again when you add them to the engagement program.

-Val

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hello Desiree,

If the email you sent to the leads through a smart campaign was cloned from the email that you have in your engagement program, the leads will receive the email again if you add them to the engagement program.  If you used the same email in your engagement program in the smart campaign and did not clone it,  those leads will not receive it again when you add them to the engagement program.

-Val
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly what Val said.

Marketo gives each email a unique ID and keeps track of what emails have been sent to which leads. when you clone an email it creates a new email and ID regaurdless of content. 

I know its not the answer you wanted.