Email Marketing Specialist - New Orleans Saints & Pelicans (Metairie, LA)
We are seeking a candidate with at least 3-5 years of experience in email marketing to oversee the strategy, deployment and analytics behind our email communications for both the New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans professional sports teams. This person will be responsible for refining our strategy, growing our database, creating aesthetically pleasing and engaging emails, and analyzing and reporting on key performance metrics for continued growth.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Implement email marketing campaigns to increase fan and customer engagement, database information and revenue potential
• Create and execute email nurturing campaigns to drive fan profile data enhancements and sales targeting strategies
• Design effective and aesthetically pleasing email communications that provide the user an easy to follow process of consuming team messaging
• Compose written content for communications to include team coverage, sales messaging, etc.
• Work closely with internal departments and external clients to maintain an all-inclusive email marketing production and editorial calendar; includes marketing , corporate partnerships, ticket sales, media relations, community investment, retail, etc.
• Ensure email campaign elements are approved and delivered in acceptable timeframes to ensure successful execution
• Analyze email marketing KPIs (key performance indicators) to continuously optimize email campaigns, including key aspects of each such as offers, lists, messaging, creative, dynamic content, subject lines, day of week/time of day delivery, deliverability, open rates, click through rates and conversion.
• Provide regular and ad-hoc reports with insights and analysis on email performance and growth strategies based on data gathered from performance metrics
• Ensure responsive email experience is optimized across all devices including desktop, mobile and tablet
• Create data collection forms and generate reports based on information gathered
• Remain current with all email and lifecycle marketing industry trends. Regularly educate others within the marketing department of emerging opportunities and best practices
• Additional duties may be assigned as needed
• Has at least three (3) years of email marketing experience
• Proficient in HTML, CSS, Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks and Illustrator; knowledge of Microsoft CRM and Marketo email platform a plus
• Experienced in graphic design, particularly from an email standpoint
• Possess superior written and verbal skills, editorial judgment and knowledge of digital culture
• Detail-oriented, takes initiative, is extremely reliable and able to work independently and as part of a team
• Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a quick moving environment
• Enjoys taking ownership over email and lifecycle analysis, strategy and execution
• Is a problem solver who possesses a genuine curiosity about consumer behavior
• Enjoys data and leveraging analytics to achieve results
• Is passionate about customer experience
Note: This position was originally posted on the Saints Pelicans employment site. To ensure that your application is considered for this position, please click here to apply for this job on the Saints Pelicans employment site.