I found this blog very helpful when I had task in my hand of moving some assets in seperate workspace and I was really confused how to do this.
Marketo chat support team provided me an URL with nice summary of how cloning and sharing works across workspaces and I thought I can add my understanding as well, which might be a useful guide to others.
What Assets Can I Share Across Workspaces?
You can share these items across workspaces:
- Email Templates (found in Design Studio)
- Landing Page Templates (found in Design Studio)
- Models (found in Lead Database)
- Smart Campaigns (found in Marketing Activities...but we really recommend not having standalone smart campaigns)
- Smart Lists (found in Lead Database)
- Segmentations (found in Lead Database)
- Snippets (found in Design Studio)
How Do I Share Assets from Design Studio?
- Determine what you want to be shared (e.g. Landing Page Templates)
- Right click and select New Folder
- Name the folder you plan to share
- Move the assets you want to share to the folder
- Right-click the folder and select Share Folder
- Select the workspace(s) you want to share the folder with. Click Save.
- The dialog displays the workspaces you have permissions to view.
- The originating folder displays in the Lead Database tree with an arrow indicating that it is shared with other workspaces. From within the shared workspace, the folder displays with a lock to indicate that the contents of the folder have been shared from another workspace and are read-only.
How Do I Clone Assets Across Workspaces in Marketing Activities?
For assets that aren't templates, its best to clone them as local assets inside of a program. With the proper access level, you can drag and drop these assets into another workspace:
- Programs (found in Marketing Activities)
- Emails (found in Marketing Activities & Design Studio)
- Landing Pages (found in Marketing Activities & Design Studio)
- Forms (found in Marketing Activities & Design Studio)
How Do I Move Assets to a New Workspace?
To move assets to a new workspace, put all the assets you want to move into a folder and drag the folder to the destination workspace.
- Create a folder
- Clone the asset to the newly created folder NOTE: Form names must be unique. Append the asset name with the workspace name e.g. Content Form (UK)
- Drag the folder to the appropriate workspace
- Move asset to the correct folder within the target workspace
When you will not be able to move the folder from one workspace to another workspace in marketing activities?
- When your marketo program has members in it
- When any asset (Landing page, Email, Form, Smart List, Static List or any other assets) is being used somewhere
- Assets in design studio (such as form, landing page etc). So move them to marketing activities and then to another workspace
Note: if your assets is already in use then you will not be able to drag and drop this folder. You would need to remove the assets from use and then only you will be able to perform this action. I believe if some of your assets are live then you would need to take precaution, try to complete this action in no-business hours and as quickly as possible.
I hope this will be helpful.
Sant Singh Rathaur