Discussions allow you to ask a question to find a specific solution or start a conversation to get feedback or make decisions. Members of your community can contribute by posting replies.
To start a discussion:
- 1. Click Create > Discussion, or if you are already in a group, space, or project, click Create a Discussion from the Actions menu on the right.
- 2. Enter a title for your discussion in the field at the top.
- 3. Check the option for marking the discussion as a question if you’re looking for a specific answer, otherwise leave it unchecked for threads.
- 4. Write your discussion in the content field. You can format your text however you’d like, insert videos, images, hyperlinks, emoticons, or tables.
- 5. Spellcheck your discussion or view your content in HTML by clicking the icons in the upper right corner of the content field.
- 6. Optionally attach files to your discussion for supporting information by clicking the Attach icon in the bottom right of the editor.
- 7. Choose where the discussion will be posted. If this option is already populated you can change it if needed. All content can be posted in a place, to specific people or as a public piece of content in the community.
- 8. Add relevant tags to the Tags field so your discussion is easily searchable.
- 9. Click the Post button to post your discussion.