Re: Champion Tips and Tricks with Juli James

Elise_Hudson1
Level 6

Champion Tips and Tricks with Juli James

In this new Champion Tips and Tricks series, we asked Marketo Champion, Juli James, to share her Top 3 Best Practices for using Marketo.

Let us know what you think in the comments below.

This content is featured in the August edition of the Video Link : 2469 . Feel free to check it out for more best practices, tips and tricks, and product updates!

33 REPLIES 33
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

So agree with all three of these points! Still astounds me how many people don't have/don't understand the value in clearly documented processes... yet our work so inherently revolves around the power of communication! Great tips Juli James

Julz_James
Level 10

Thanks Grace!  I'm love process documents, not just for me but for everyone inside and outside of a team.  I always tell myself, what would happen if I won the lottery, could the team carry on regardless, and I think having things documented really helps with that.

Michael_Tucker1
Level 4

This is really concise, helpful information Juli James​! I especially like that first tip about documenting your channel statuses. Looking forward to reading that e-book once it comes out...

Michael Tucker
Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Great Juli James​ you are AWESOME

Miray_Vu1
Level 2

This is great Juli James . I cannot wait to read your book once it comes out!

Miray Vu
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Ha! I love that your thought is if you won the lottery... For me it was always "What if I fell down an elevator shaft?"

My first instance was in fintech, with a lot of compliance & regulatory requirements. Incredibly thorough documentation on process, sign offs and program specs (incl. asset screenshots) saved my butt when the instance was audited shortly after I moved on...

Jackie_Potts
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

Great tips and tricks Juli James! It is sometimes hard to get aligned with sales but worth it in the end. All of these tips are important steps in setting up Marketo.

Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Thanks for the insights Juli. Oftentimes I still forget to test email templates on ALL platforms.

enrico_deleon2
Level 3 - Champion

Great tips Juli James ! Awesome job.