Re: Zoom Marketo Attendees, API, and JoinURL -- Help

Tamara_Johnson
Level 2

Zoom Marketo Attendees, API, and JoinURL -- Help

I'm in the midst of integrating Marketo with Zoom. I've gained success with adding Zoom's service to LaunchPoint. The webinars in Zoom are seen in Marketo when I set the Event Program. That comes through fine. I also am able to get Registrants through to Zoom from the Marketo Form and trigger campaign. 

The issue I have now is getting the attendees to pass through Marketo. I have found 2 great documents below with steps on integration but I think it may be overkill for our set up. And I am not getting the results I need without exporting the Attendees out of Zoom and uploading an external list.

Here's our set up, so if you are an expert, please reply.

We don't use multiple instances of Zoom. We will have 1 webinar hosted, recording at one time. Not several happening at 1 time.

I have added the Zoom Webinar App for Marketo in our Zoom licensed account.

I understand the webhook needed is for Zoom to Marketo and vice versa but I am not clear building a unique API User Role and a Custom service to pull the Client ID and Client Secret ID. I built them but again, I have no idea what is their role.

I built a webhook with the Client ID and Client Secret ID but again, what should I build on the Marketo side? I have read about the Request Campaign Trigger to help with Registrations but what about Attendees? How are they bought over.

I created custom objects for Zoom Webinar Other Info but are they useful to bring poll and Q&A info over? How will the API do this?

I keep reading in need : JWT apps provide an API Key and Secret required to authenticate with JWT for the Marketplace App - again if this is needed, where would I add this? To the webhook?

I feel like we are 75% there but still far from getting the attendees.

We plan to build our own emails (and understand the tokens) for registration - but the JoinURL link, should this be a custom object?

Again - any help will be fantastic.

Thank you,
Tamara
9 REPLIES 9
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You seem to be referring to the legacy Zoom ↔︎ Marketo connection, not the newer packaged Zoom connection, so I am going to answer from the legacy perspective. (Which still works.)

I understand the webhook needed is for Zoom to Marketo and vice versa

The webhook is for Marketo → Zoom, because Marketo webhooks only make outbound connections.

However, just because a connection is initiated on the Marketo side doesn't mean it cannot pull data back in (such as, of course, the join_url property for a lead).

I am not clear building a unique API User Role and a Custom service to pull the Client ID and Client Secret ID. I built them but again, I have no idea what is their role.

The Marketo REST API Role + API-only User + Custom LaunchPoint service is used for 2 separate actions. Both are initiated from  Zoom → Marketo:

• Upserting attendees who originated on the Zoom side
  • Adding additional Custom Object data for attendees, such as questions asked & poll responses

I keep reading in need : JWT apps provide an API Key and Secret required to authenticate with JWT

The Zoom JWT credentials are created in Zoom, then used in Marketo for connections from Marketo → Zoom.

Alexa_Bleecker
Level 1

Thank you so much, @SanfordWhiteman! Is there documentation for the "newer" packaged Zoom connection? All I can find is the older documentation for the Marketo and Zoom integration. 

Tamara_Johnson
Level 2

Thank you so much! I had to contact Zoom directly. Before that I did read tons on the JWT App and understanding the credentials needed. I found that Zoom has made some security updates so I was able to get the Attendees to show up in Marketo.

I found the API Call Log in the Marketo App for zoom and I also found that our Zoom instance is missing an integration option. For now I am waiting for their response, but I am happy to see the contact info updated from Invited to Registered, Attendee and No Show automatically.

I am having an issue adding custom tokens to Marketo since it's not allowing me to do so on the Event Program. Any help on that will be great.

Also for the webhook - should I add the webinar ID to the URL header in or keep this in the payload? If I cannot add a {my.zoomWebinarId}} token to the Event Program, I'm not sure how to add it at all.

These are the instructions I have gotten from online resources

• Webhook Name: Zoom Webinar
  • Description: Webhook used for Zoom Webinar Registrants
  • URLhttps://www.zoom.us/v1/webinar/register?id={{my.zoomWebinarId}}&first_name={{lead.First Name:default=xxx}}&last_name={{lead.Last Name:default=xxx}}&email={{lead.Email Address:default=xxx}}&api_key={{my.apiKey}}&api_secret={{my.apiSecret}}
  • Request Type: POST
  • Template: {blank} no value required here.
  • Request Token Encoding: None
  • Response Type: JSON

This is the web hook I built. ("ourwebsite" is just a mask, not the name, that refers to the unique Zoom URL we have)

https://ourwebsite.zoom.us/webinar/register/?id={{my.zoomWebinarId}}

Template: first_name={{lead.First Name}}&last_name={{lead.Last Name}}&email={{lead.Email Address}}&api_key=our marketo key from Launch Point Service &api_secret= the secret ID from the launch point service.

Should this be in the URL entirely instead of separating?

Thank you,
Tamara
Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I would put it in the template. But either way, you can see the output of the webhook after you set it up by setting up a smart campaign with that webhook in the flow, and triggering a person to go through it. Once you do that, in the activity log you can see exactly what is passed.

I hope that helps. I'm going off the new integration docs now and it's not terribly intuitive to be honest.

Tamara_Johnson
Level 2

Thank you for the advice, I'm going to add it all to the template and see what happens. So far since this post 3 weeks ago, we have had several webinars, the attendees are registering in Marketo after the web event ends. I still can't get Zoom registrations to come back to Marketo and that is due to the client not having that option. I haven't got feedback from Zoom on the update so I will continue to research it.

Thank you,
Tamara
Robert_Nichols1
Level 3

any luck with zoom support? i cant access any of the legacy integration poins in zoom (only allows the launchpoint connection) so i need to contact zoom support.

Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

It's still working for me. I wonder what we are doing differently - or if it's just unreliable?

Robert_Nichols1
Level 3

i think if your zoom account is X years old, you'll have the legacy marketo connectors available in the API, any accounts created since X dont have the legacy API connectors available. Its been 3 months now and Zoom havent been able to address any of the tickets i've submitted - so given up on connecting to Marketo via the legacy API.