Why do some filters allow multiple values and others don't?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do some filters allow multiple values and others don't?

Some filters allow for multiple (OR'd) values, but other filters do not.  For example, the Revenue Stage and Member of Smart List special filters allow only 1 value, but other special filters such as Member of List, Member of Smart Campaign and Member of Program do.  Also the Revenue Stage was Changed filter allows for multiple Old Stage and New Staged value, but the Revenue Stage filter only allows 1 value.

Is there any reason for this limitation?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why do some filters allow multiple values and others don't?

Hi Elliott,

I believe that the Member of smart list not having the multple value choice is by design. Most likely the goal behind it is to reduce the likelihood of users creating nested smartlists where this particular smart list would have then query numerous additional smart lists which could potentially in turn query another large group of smart list increasing the possibility of a query timeout depending on the amount of smart lists involved and their complexity.

I'm going to ask about the revenue stage filter. Il'll post an update when I get some feedback.

Regards,
Cathal
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like to understand this better as well.
Anonymous
Not applicable

When multiple models become available, we wish to ensure that users are not running filters with stages mixed from multiple models, e.g. Revenue Stage = Model A->Stage 1 AND Model B->Stage 2. 

The Revenue Stage was Changed filter allows multiple Stages to be selected because the values are constrained to the Model selected (The green plus should not be there and will be removed when the feature is fully released).  On the other hand, the Revenue Stage filter doesn’t have such Model constraint, so we opted to have only one stage value for this filter.