SOLVED

Where do you add the customers who view email without downloading images?

Go to solution
AndreaL32
Level 2

Where do you add the customers who view email without downloading images?

Hello!

I was building a report for one of my email sends and determining which customers viewed the email without downloading the images as those are not counted as opened. For example, say I had 200 emails that were delivered, opened, and clicked a link, and another 100 customers where the email was delivered, linked was clicked, but was not recorded as opened.  Do I add those 100 customers to the email performance report number of opens or is that number already included? The smart campaign in the program and the email performance report opened numbers do not add up so I want to ensure the most accurate numbers. 

Thanks!

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Where do you add the customers who view email without downloading images?

Yes- the email performance report in Marketo has built-in logic to ensure that if there are "Clicked Email" or "Unsubscribed" activities, they are counted as "Delivered" and "Opened" as well. This is not the case with the smart list though, as the activities aren't backfilled in the person's activity log. This is just exclusive to the email performance reports. Also, this could be one of the likely reasons why the counts don't match b/w smart list and email performance report. This and other rules for the email performance reports are documented towards the end of this product documentation page on experience league. Hope this answers your question. Let us know if you need any more help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1

Yes- the email performance report in Marketo has built-in logic to ensure that if there are "Clicked Email" or "Unsubscribed" activities, they are counted as "Delivered" and "Opened" as well. This is not the case with the smart list though, as the activities aren't backfilled in the person's activity log. This is just exclusive to the email performance reports. Also, this could be one of the likely reasons why the counts don't match b/w smart list and email performance report. This and other rules for the email performance reports are documented towards the end of this product documentation page on experience league. Hope this answers your question. Let us know if you need any more help.

AndreaL32
Level 2

This is a tremendous help! I appreciate it, thank you! 

Darshil_Shah1

You’re very welcome, Andrea!