Wait Step timeframe range

Demeter
Level 2

Wait Step timeframe range

Hi all,

The issue: We have a drip campaign setup to send 3 emails once a lead has been created in SFDC. I have WAIT steps in there but it isn't accomplishing what I hoped it would.

The 1st wait step waits 10 minutes from lead creation, which must end Mon-Fri 7am, then sends 1st email (intro email)

The 2nd wait step waits another 10 minutes, which must end Mon-Fri 7am, then sends 2nd email  (oops I forgot email)

The 3rd wait step waits 4 days, which must end Mon-Fri 7am. (follow up email)

Since these are personalized emails, I am trying to control it so that the emails don't send at non-office hours when most of the audience would be sleeping.

Anyone have a solution? 

6 REPLIES 6
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Wait Step timeframe range

When you say the campaign setup isn't running as you'd hoped, could you please share your expectations? FYR, the advanced wait step holds the person until the first instance of what you've set in the advanced wait property  (I.e., M-F, 7 am) after the set wait duration is complete.

Katja_Keesom

I have seen others ask this question recently and have wondered about it myself. Unfortunately you cannot specify a time range for the must end on. As I think the "during business hours" requirement is quite a common one I have just created an idea to introduce this option: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/ideas/wait-step-must-end-on-during-business-hours/idi-p/337115/highlig...

Feel free to vote it up if you agree.

Darshil_Shah1

Oh, I understand the requirement now! So OP wants to configure the wait step so it ends within a set timeframe and not just at one specific time, like 7 am. I just upvoted the idea. 👍

Demeter
Level 2

Hi @Darshil_Shah1 and @Katja_Keesom 

My Flow looks like this:

Change Program Status = X

Change Data Value = X

Wait = 5 min and wait must end Mon-Fri at 7am EDT

Send Email = X

Wait = 10 min and must end Mon-Fri at 7am EDT

The goal is to have the 2 email sends happen within business hours (7am - 6pm) so it looks "realistic" since it is a personalized email.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

There’s an extremely hacky way to do this that I’ve been meaning to write up on the blog (and will soon), but in practice it’s saner with a webhook-compatible service.

Demeter
Level 2

Hey @SanfordWhiteman - Would definitely prefer non -"hacky" lol.

Something like:

Wait = 10 min and must end Mon-Fri between 7am- 6pm EDT

Then it could check server timestamp and if parameters are met, send... If not, it sends in the next "business hours" timeframe

When can you have that added 🙂 lol