SOLVED

Re: Using Known Visitor to Show Gated Content

Go to solution
plane
Level 2

Using Known Visitor to Show Gated Content

My team is looking to gate our content with a single form across our entire site. No matter where you submit the form, we want to then show the ungated content across the site. I'm hoping we can use KV for this, but I can't find a way for us to see that Marketo recognizes the user as a KV.

Ideally our flow would be:
1. Unknown user visits site, clicks link for a gated asset
2. Modal with MKTO form pops up, user Submits form
3. User gets direct access to the asset
4. User returns to the site, MKTO recognizes them as a KV
5. We are able to see that MKTO recognized them as a KV and when they click an asset we just bypass the modal and give them direct access. 

Is it possible to see in the browser storage/cookie data when MKTO recognizes a KV so we can use that as a point to show certain content on our end (NOT using the custom HTML WYSIWYG editor in MKTO), or does KV recognition happen on MKTO's end when the form embed populates? @SanfordWhiteman I know you've probably got the deepest knowledge here so tagging you. Thanks in advance everyone!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Is it possible to see in the browser storage/cookie data when MKTO recognizes a KV so we can use that as a point to show certain content on our end (NOT using the custom HTML WYSIWYG editor in MKTO), or does KV recognition happen on MKTO's end when the form embed populates? @SanfordWhiteman I know you've probably got the deepest knowledge here so tagging you. Thanks in advance everyone!

No, there’d never be a browser record of this without loading a form.

“Known Visitor” is usually defined as an associated Munchkin token (regardless of what fields are on the record) but for the purposes of KV HTML, “Known Visitor” means an associated token and a non-empty Email Address, First Name, and Last Name field. If those fields are not filled in, again for KV HTML purposes only, the person is not sufficiently “known”.

If you want to know if the forms library considers someone known, you can load the form and check if it contains the KV HTML box (which has a distinct CSS class .mktoTemplateBox). Then unhide/modalize it as necessary.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

No, there’d never be a browser record of this without loading a form.

“Known Visitor” is usually defined as an associated Munchkin token (regardless of what fields are on the record) but for the purposes of KV HTML, “Known Visitor” means an associated token and a non-empty Email Address, First Name, and Last Name field. If those fields are not filled in, again for KV HTML purposes only, the person is not sufficiently “known”.

If you want to know if the forms library considers someone known, you can load the form and check if it contains the KV HTML box (which has a distinct CSS class .mktoTemplateBox). Then unhide/modalize it as necessary.

plane
Level 2

Thanks @SanfordWhiteman, this is exactly the info I was looking for. Appreciate your help in clarifying!!